Pause Protection - Is it on the roadmap?

Searching for Pause here in the community returns feature requests spanning over the past several years to add a Pause Protection feature to Bitdefender like most all other security programs already have available. Pause Protection is typically located on the taskbar icon menu along with time increments such as 1 minute, 5 minutes and so on. Is there an official response from Bitdefender regarding the status of this feature request? Thanks

Tagged:
2 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @Wildon,

Thank you for posting your suggestions.

Currently, there are no plans to develop such an feature, as we also have the option to disable the security modules one by one in Bitdefender. More information is available in the article below:

However, I must say I personally find this feature interesting and I will forward your suggestion to our developers for further analysis.

Best regards, enjoy your stay in the Community and keep the feedback coming! 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I am a new user from Norton and I fear I made a mistake switching to Bitdefender based on the gazillion steps you have to take to simply pause the service! Seriously - are the instructions on the linked article real, or is it some kind of joke?! It will take me longer to pause and restart all the services than the amount of time I actually need to have the system paused. This is disappointing. And sad. And disappointing.

• Hello @WhoWants2Know and welcome to the Community!

Make no mistake, you have chosen the best antivirus out there. No joking around when it comes to security. The steps required to deactivate protection are proof we take it seriously. Each module serves one or more purposes and from the technical standpoint, complete deactivation cannot be achieved using a single switch, at least not for now. But this is something worth considering.

Best regards.

• I'm still a Norton user and the one thing keeping me from getting Bitdefender is that there is no simple way to temporarily disable it. I would like to see this feature too.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2022

Just my thoughts, as I have used an AV in the past that has had this feature (right-click the system tray icon) and have appreciated that feature. A lot of members who post here are very tech-savvy and would know how to use it "correctly".

But, I'm guessing that the greater majority of BD users are probably average folks sitting at their kitchen tables with their notebooks checking their emails, posting on Facebook, shopping on Amazon, etc., and are just wanting an install it and forget it security solution. To have an option that may confuse them or easily make disabling a key feature in an anti-virus, could be an issue as far as downloaded malware, etc.

Part of BD's incredible success rate as far as protection, probably is the inability to easily shut it off, or to pause it. Some don't even like the idea of no protection in that small timeframe, while BD is installing.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Clapton
    Clapton ✭✭✭

i fall into catagory scott descibes,, a non computer savy person... i dont want to have to know how electrical theory works, i just want to turn on a simple light switch and have light...

With my past antivirus software i did in fact have to pause/exit it to get a certain game to work. The other companys software would block my online game play.

Now im with bitdefender and it has a game mode, and so far seems to be compatible with my online gaming.

I am curious , to the posters above who are requesting a pause feature, can you give an example of why or when you would use or need this pause feature with bitdefender. ,, is bitdefender conflicting with certain sorts of software, games, etc.. ???

• To answer this question. I belong in the other category. I am an IT professional and I have sporadic need to work with certain files that could possibly be classified as vulnerable for example because they change things in the Windows registry or change things at the network level for example.

• SaurikSI
    SaurikSI ✭✭✭

For those wanting this feature, I have requested something even better: Completely Exit Bitdefender.

Specially to have better performance when needed (For example, on heavy gaming or compiling), please share your thoughts and vote if you want them to finally add this: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91650/exit-bitdefender

-𝑺𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒌𝑺𝑰

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022

Hello @SaurikSI and welcome to the Community!

I appreciate your suggestion, this is a feature request that has been brought into the attention of our developers in the past and they have been analyzing it for some time now. Currently, there are no updates concerning the implementation, but it's still an open topic.

I have added more details regarding this feature on your ideation thread as well, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.

Best regards.

• So we should just uninstall Bitdefender in order to fix a problem with a 3rd party app?

• Hi,

In the event of a conflict between the antivirus and a 3rd party app, I think the first step would be to find out if the app can be indeed trusted. Because there are two scenarios here: the antivirus may return a false positive detection and this can be addressed by the Bitdefender Labs to allow usage, or the app can be questionable/shady and in this case disabling Bitdefender would not be the safest thing to do.

Have you encountered any compatibility issues or conflicts/detections between Bitdefender and a 3rd party app?

Regards