So Bitdefender is causing a 100% HD usage in 2022 how to fix this in Total Security?

kday
edited April 2022 in Install & Updates

There is no disabling of Autopilot I can see in Total Security, what is constantly running my HD to 100% in Bitdefender Total Security? When I uninstall Bitdefender my computer goes back to normal. When I install Bitdefender my computer HD just runs away like a runaway bull at 100%. I tried disconnecting every module I could see and still the same results. Anyone found a way to fix this before I switch to another antivirus program that doesn't do this?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

You'll be asked to send them Support Tool log, screenshots etc., so the support engineers can investigate your problem and find a solution.

Regards.

• Thank you for the information appreciate it

But after a little research i've bought Kaspersky which stopped the Bitdefender problem immediately. It was the best antivirus purchase I've made in the last ten years. Using Bitdefender made my computer have this problem for years, and now with this new antivirus my computer runs like new now.

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

Hello. This is a problem of 100% HDD access, but I also encountered the same phenomenon, and when I performed various diagnoses and isolations, I was able to handle the following measures.

When Bitdefender is installed and operated, it behaves as if it interferes with the operation of each application of Windows task scheduler execution or runs a task with the same function, so the Windows load of the task scheduler is reduced. I did. In Task Manager, "Peer Name Resolution Protocol", "Peer Networking Grouping", and "Peer Networking Identity Manager" (services for making peer-to-peer connections) occupy the process.

Microsoft Windows Peer-to-Peer Network is a problem It seems that service software such as "OneDrive" and "SuperFetch" causes malfunctions and interferes with each other. From "Computer Management", click "Services and Applications" and double-click "Services" to display the service list.

Double-click "Peer Name Resolution Protocol" and change "Startup type" to "Disabled" from the properties. The same applies to "Peer Networking Grouping" and "Peer Networking Identity Manager".

"SuperFetch" ("SysMain" after applying the October 2018 Update of Windows 10) is a function that transfers frequently used data from the hard disk to the memory in advance and caches it. Since "SuperFetch (SysMain)" updates data between the memory and the hard disk, it is said to slow down the process if there is a problem with bad sectors or platters on the hard disk.

From "Computer Management", click "Services and Applications" and double-click "Services" to display the service list. Double-click "Superfetch (SysMain)" and change "Startup type" to "Disabled" from the properties. Launch "gpedit" from the Local Group Policy Editor.

Click "Administrative Templates" from "Local Computer Policy", double-click "OneDrive" in "Windows Components", and change "Disable OneDrive for storage" to "Enabled".

In addition, due to a defect in the StorAHCI.sys driver, it seems that the load during HDD operation is high, so it seems that the behavior of frequently reading / writing the storage stack of Windows is executed, so Microsoft's read / write monitoring By stopping the function, it seems that the load on the HDD can be reduced.

Especially, it seems to occur remarkably in the type that the rotation speed and cache performance of HDD are not good, such as PCs and servers that use RAID function, so it is necessary to tune a normal serial ATA HDD considerably. ,

May be tough. With the high-speed type of SSD and NVMe-SSD, I think that it is probably okay to adjust / disable the task scheduler and extend the task execution cycle without much tuning. Originally, my personal computer was a model of the time of Windows 8, but due to the heavy load when upgrading to Windows 10, I adjusted it.

When using Kaspersky, it is unclear how the load was reduced by its behavior, but I think that there were no factors that made the operation heavy or unstable.

• Hey thanks for all of that information, it's great to have when i run into this issue down the line. Appreciate all the help!