Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why am I getting 'bruteforce attack'?

Options

I am getting quite a persistent bruteforce attaks that blocked by my bitDefender security. I wonder if there is a way to keep it away?

Answers

• Math_Matei
    Options

Hello @AeoliusWind !

Can you detail the problem?

However, BitDefender is safe, regardless of the number of notifications received.

If notifications appear when you open a browser, I recommend you to delete the browser history + cookies

Regards!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Math_Matei
    Options

Also, if the situation is annoying, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers might request logs from the machine and if these do not reveal the root cause, a remote session could be necessary as well.

You can get in touch with Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

• There is not much internet access from the PC. I only connect in remotely to do work. The PC is connected to a router that is accessible through a dynamic DNS. BitDefender seems to block these events well as I can see the blocked threats events accumulated in the background. It gets nearly like 3 to 4 attacks everyday. Is this normal?

I also find that once I switch on the VPN, these attacks simply go away.

• Math_Matei
    Options

I understand!

As I said, please follow the advice:

You can get in touch with Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

You will explain your problem and surely, your problem will be solved!

• JMVOX
    Options

Is there a way to find out who/where the brute force attack is coming from?

I also would like to know how I can more accurately identify the device that keeps trying to access my wifi network (I discovered this through bitdefender home scanner).

Is there a paid subscription for home scanner because I think the detailed information on the intruding device would be more available on home scanner. Is there a mobile app version

To summarize:

1. Can I find out where the attack is coming from

2. Can Bitdefender home scanner tell me which device it is in more detail (i.e. if it is a phone what type of phone or computer it is) because the wifi range means the unknown device is literally within 10 meters.

3. Is there a paid subscription version of home scanner. Is there a mobile app version of home scanner because there is a seperate on for pc.

Thanks in advance

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2022
    Options

Currently Bitdefender Home Scanner is available for free & there is no paid version available.

For additional information, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@JMVOX can you share with us more details in regards to the attack in question?

To avoid any confusion, it has to be said that Home Scanner does not warn about a bruteforce that is happening, but about a vulnerability that can lead to it. We need a screenshot for this, to know exactly what the scenario is. There is no paid version of the Home Scanner, but a Bitdefender subscription will provide the relevant defenses.

Home Scanner will show you the type of device.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user