Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows HP envy laptop cannot boot after Bitdefender total security installation.

Options

I have a 5 device key and on the second device, being a hp envy laptop, after installation and a reboot the device is in a diagnose, attempt and fail start-up repair loop.

It's effectively bricked the laptop so I need a path to resolution.

I had Kaspersky on this device with no issues prior to this problems.

What I know so far since I cannot get into safe mode.

Bit locker was enabled and I have disabled it and it is decrypting the drive as I type this. I did not know this was enabled on this device but I have access to the recovery key using

manage-bde -off C:

I need this device back and a reset is not an option.

edit: this is the start up repair error it seems

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-critical-file/b1057819-6742-4d44-bc8e-02a65f7f8336

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @emanresu and welcome to the Community!

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• JG123
    Options

Hi, @Alexandru_BD

Due to time constraints and Bitdefender apparently being the only Internet security software even remotely close to Kaspersky, I VERY reluctantly decided to switch to Bitdefender despite experiencing a serious issue on my own PC during my 30-day trial last month (https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/307966#Comment_307966).

Yesterday, I phoned my 72-year-old mother (who lives 600+ miles away) to walk her through the very straightforward process of uninstalling Kaspersky and installing Bitdefender Total Security. After successfully uninstalling Kaspersky, rebooting, and successfully installing Bitdefender, I asked her to reboot once more (just to make sure things worked as expected - I had her disable Bitdefender VPN from startup since she has super slow internet and basically just checks email sporadically).

As @emanresu experienced, her laptop will no longer boot to Windows. It just goes into the ‘diagnosing your PC, attempting to repair, etc…’ phases. I walked her through doing a hard shut down, powering it on and entering the HP Hardware Diagnostics menu. From there, she chose System Tests, and ran the System Fast Test - 1st Pass which failed on Hard Drive/SSD Short DST Check. Unfortunately, no log files appeared on the Test Logs menu (she ran it a 2nd time with the same results). So, I subsequently had her run a System Extensive Test to see if any log files would be generated for it. Similar to the Fast Tests, the Hard Drive/SSD Long DST Check failed during this test. However, it did generate a log file this time (which also includes the information from the Fast Tests). I now have a copy of this log.

I specifically gifted her this laptop (HP Pavilion 15-CC0XX w/Windows 10, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, Intel i7) last June so that I wouldn’t have to troubleshoot her PC problems anymore. I cannot travel 600+ miles to troubleshoot in person or replace hardware; nor do I have time to do additional troubleshooting by phone. I am beyond frustrated.

Your response to emanresu indicates that technical support should be contacted for this problem. However, for the email option, the only Category choices are as follows: Getting Started, Billing & Purchases, Using Bitdefender, and Malware Removal. Which of these do I select so that I will be routed to the appropriate team without wasting even more of my time dealing with this disaster?

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance!

Regards,

Juli

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @JG123,

I am very sorry to hear this. It might be necessary for the engineers to perform a remote session on the affected device. To raise a ticket for the Technical Support Teams, simply choose "Using Bitdefender". After submitting your request, you will receive a case number. The usual response timeframe varies between 24 and 48 hours, depending on the volume of requests.

Thank you for your understanding and have a wonderful day.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user