Banking Notification in Bitdefender Antivirus Free - Is there any way to switch it off?

Yor
Yor
edited March 2022 in Antivirus Free

I have been trying to prevent this specific pop-up ad from reappearing in Bitdefender Antivirus Free. I am using a fresh reinstallation on Windows 10.

It occurs whenever you access a banking website and it seems to be analogous to the notification prompting to user to use SafePay in the full versions of Bitdefender. From what I can gather, the toggle for the SafePay version of the prompt is not located within the Settings section of the control centre but instead inside the SafePay section that is locked to free users.

So is there any way to switch these notifications off as a free user? Is it possible to do something like use a trial version of the software to gain access to the toggle for these notifications and then have them stay switched off when the trial expires? The only solution I have found so far is to completely uninstall the software which is honestly pretty frustrating.

Best Answer

• SethTP
    SethTP
    Answer ✓

I have disabled "Encrypted Web Scan" under "Protection - Online Threat Prevention Settings" as a temp fix now.

Answers

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

thank you for using the free version free and return your concerns it really helps the service in improving it.

• Hello @Yor,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I have forwarded your feedback to the development teams for analysis.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello,

I have received news from the developers and they have confirmed the notification behavior and frequency is being adjusted with the latest release that has been deployed on Thursday last week. In the upcoming days of this rollout, the update is expected to reach all machines.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• The problem has been solved?

Does the pop-up no longer appear when visiting bacari sites?

Thanks.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user