Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is there a way to turn off Bitdefender Total Security completely?

Options

I've tried to turn off Bitdefender Total Security through the dashboard and it still false flags and kills files I work on. I turned off every single option I could possibly turn off/on. Before Bitdefender I used ESET for more than a decade and ESET had an option to turn it off. Unfortunately, I keep winding up having to uninstall Bitdefender to use some of my favorite software. Please tell me of a command line or and other means to COMPLETELY TURN OFF the software without having to uninstall it again.

Answers

• Wildon
    Wildon
    edited March 2022
    Options

There is consideration to add exception to Bitdefender Protection to exclude the item(s) from scan. When adding a new item, there is option to select desired modules to exclude.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13427/

• Echosyn
    Echosyn
    edited April 2022
    Options

I have the same problem.I need to migrate two user accounts from an old Imac with Sierra to a newer Imac with Sierra. How do i do this with Bitdefender installed? How do I disable Bitdefender long enough to complete the migration?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

It can be done, but the security modules must be disabled one by one. Check the article below for steps to follow:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• CPL
    Options

I will say that as much as I like Bitdefender, the issue of not being able to stop everything...completely...turned off...everything...becoming a real issue. There are times I need to move a file of my own choosing or install a program, whether it's questionable to Bitdefender or not, and I can one-by-one turn off every module in every area of 'Protection' I can find, and Bitdefender will still cut in and start analyzing the file or doing whatever it's doing and ultimately either block my installation or not let me even restore the file where it originally was! Good grief people, it's like rise of the living dead when I've turned everything off and it's still alive somewhere and causing me grief.

Beyond a kill-switch to shut it off completely, on our own responsibility, is it even possible to actually shut this program off so it won't interfere?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@CPL

There is a post about it:

For now, there is no option like Exit or something similar to shut down Bitdefender completely.

Regards.

• SaurikSI
    SaurikSI ✭✭✭
    Options

@CPL Yes, if you are interested, you're welcome to enter my post and share your thoughts, your vote on the idea could also help make it a reality.

-𝑺𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒌𝑺𝑰