Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Shredder Option Vanished from Recycle Bin (May 2022)

Options
NYTom64
edited May 2022 in Utilities

When I chose and installed Bitdefender, it was due in part to the shredder feature. That feature used to appear as an option in Recycle Bin - when I right-clicked on the bin. Its inclusion there was smart, handy, and effective. Now it is gone.

Why?

What could any of us gain from its removal?

Tom

[Corsair One Pro i220, Win64]

Tagged:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

On the same issue, check out my comment:

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @NYTom64,

Currently, it seems that a bug has been reported to our developers concerning the absence of the shredder option in the recycle bin on Windows 11. I have noticed that you are using Windows 10, so may I kindly ask you to get in touch with our engineers, as suggested by Gjoksi above, to check and see if the issue is related?

As far as I'm aware, there are no changes regarding this on Windows 10.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Jiunn
    Options

Hi, my shredder options also disappear from the recycle bin after I am using windows 11 for a period of time.

I try to reinstall the program but it is not helping.

Please do update once there is a solution to this.

Thank you.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Jiunn and welcome to the Community!

The development teams have contacted Microsoft for assistance. It seems that they ran into some difficulties concerning the folder support for displaying the new context menu in the Recycle Bin. They are now working together to find a solution.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user