Bitdefender Secure shredder has disappeared after installing Win11

meridianghost
edited May 2022 in Utilities

Upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the shredder option has disappeared from the recycle bin, and cannot find out how to put the option back again.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hi,

Thanks for the comment but I am on Win11 after upgrading OS. I presume the option will return with an update if the developers are looking for a solution.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

I know you are on Win 11. As said in the comment, this issue only happens with Win 11, not with Win 10.

I guess that the dev team is working on a fix and sooner or later the fix will be relased.

You just need to wait some time for the developers to fix the bug.

Also, @Alexandru_BD can inform you/us about the current situation with solving the issue.

Thanks.

• Hi,

No news so far, but I confirm the development teams are aware and working on a fix.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• AND here we are in July 2023 and there is still no file shredder in my windows 11 recycle bin. So by working on it, do you mean that you can't be bothered, have given up or just can't work it out? Not really very good to provide no updates in such a long time is it? I have to put files into another folder to shred them. Not really the best of features I must say.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

I just checked on my end, right-click Recycle Bin icon. The shred went without a hitch

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hello @DBofQ,

The file shredder was fixed for Windows 11 in September 2022. As @Scott pointed out, the feature is available now. So, this must be an isolated case or a glitch that should be easily fixed by running a repair. You can find more info here.

What Bitdefender version do you have?

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user