Bitdefender Total Security finds a critical Windows updated to be installed

For months now Bitdefender Total Security shows that it found 1 critical Windows update to be installed (.NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H1 based on x64 architecture KB5010472). I don't get it. I have all Windows updates installed. How can I get rid of this notification ? It shows up after using the Bitdefender scanner for security vulerabilities. It really gets on my nerves.

Comments

• Hello @Wojciech_Harasimiuk and welcome to the Community!

How did you install the updates? Were all the updates completed successfully? Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates. Tell us what the result is.

If the notification in Bitdefender still displays this as a vulnerability, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• WojTec
    WojTec Defender of the month ✭✭
    edited June 2022

@Wojciech_Harasimiuk

I have been struggling with the same problem on 3 devices for many months.

Sending the logs to the support did not solve the problem, because they wanted him to reinstall the program.

After all, the problem does not only occur with me and only on one device.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022

Kindly try and download the update file directly from microsoft from the below stated link. Choose your OS type and build and try to reinstall the software

When you install the software, the software will first check if the update is already installed on your PC or not, if it is installed, it will let you know, if it is not, it will install it.

Once installed, restart your computer and relaunch the vulnerability scan and check if the issue persists and let us know.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• WojTec

Today I was able to take screenshots.

Windows up to date and BitDefender asking for updates ...... wrrrr

• WojTec

Unfortunately I cannot add screenshots.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

you can't add screenshots, because your profile is restricted and there are some criterias (like number of posts, comments, time you are a member here etc.) for the profile to be unrestricted...

in your case, only the admins @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD can make that change and unrestrict your profile...

so, wait for their response...

regards...

• Hello @WojTec,

Please try to add a screenshot now and let us know how it goes. I will dig deeper on this update concern.

Thanks

• I can think of several possibilities here and generally stuff like MSoffice update, it might be a Windows update setting specifically, that of receiving updates for other Microsoft products.

If it's just an update, and / or if it's one of the most standard ones(security fix, cumulative update, etc.), it may have been installed incorrectly. I usually recommend uninstalling and reinstalling in such cases, but if this has been done already, the best way to move forward would be a more in-depth investigation by the engineers.

Regards

• WojTec

@Alexandru_BD

I am blocked from adding screnshots so how do you want me to add them?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022

While @Alexandru_BD will check on the screenshot upload issue, did you tried to download the update from microsoft catalog website if you are facing the issue with same KB5010472

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5010472

When you install the software, the software will first check if the update is already installed on your PC or not, if it is installed, it will let you know, if it is not, it will install it.

Once installed, restart your computer and relaunch the vulnerability scan and check if the issue persists and let us know.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi,

The permission was tied to the rank. I have promoted you to Level 2** and the option to add pictures on the forum should be available to you now.

Regards