popup

OakSafe
OakSafe
edited July 2022 in Install & Updates

just got popup something about boost performance. why am i getting this when i turned all recommendation notifications off.? i left my previous av due to pop ups which were ads. i do not want any pop ups or ads, it is a disgrace for a security company to be spamming people with such ads beause that is what they are. if it doesn't stop i will be looking for a refund

Answers

• Hello @OakSafe,

To offer you an effective operation and increased protection while carrying out different activities, Bitdefender Autopilot will act as your personal security advisor. Depending on the activity you perform, either you work, make online payments, watch movies, or play games, Bitdefender Autopilot will come up with contextual recommendations based on your device usage and needs.

The proposed recommendations may also be related to actions that you need to perform to keep your product working at its full capacity. To start using a suggested feature or make improvements into your product, click the corresponding button. Once the action is carried out, the recommendation will dissapear.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello AGAIN. :)

Did you follow the steps i provided you here:

Do you have any of the profiles enabled/activated.

If you attach here a screenshot of the pop-up notification would be nice.

Regards.

• i don't want to use the suggested feature and do not want to be reminded of it. i will find it if i want it. the possible answer was to use it or not now. does that means it reappears i do not want any of these .it shouldbe possible to permanently disable this and autopilot. i know how to use a pc

• i do not have a screenshot and do not have time to be taking them. do i have to activate a profile and will that stop suggestions

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@OakSafe

Come on, it can't be that difficult to take a screenshot. It will take you less than a minute. 😊

Like i already said, when Work Profile or Game profile is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

Best regards.

• The Autopilot and generally speaking, all the antivirus features are designed for both advanced users and less tech savvy users as well, to meet overall requirements. The main purpose of such recommendations is to help users make the best out of the Bitdefender subscription they have purchased, by enhancing the way the user interacts with the product and providing valuable information.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• OakSafe
    OakSafe
    edited July 2022

popup is gone now i clicked not now even before i started this thread. ok i have activated the work profile.

Thanks