Bit Defender update of 7/22/22 caused my computer/system to no longer get log in screens for ATT.

dolor
edited August 2022 in Install & Updates

Have not been able to consistently log into att.ctoom or att.net which allows access to my email account. spoke to Att. techs and engineers until 8/5/22 when I reached out via Twitter and was told to email Bitsy@bitdefender.com. I have heard nothing while ATT insists they see Bit Defender Blocking my access. .n

I cannot be the only client of Bit Defender with Web mail at ATT.net so I can't be the only person with this problem. Here is the step by step to access xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Enter Url ATT.net get home page for Currently att /Yahoo next press envelope on far right side (or button sign in) screen redirects to Login screen (spinning dot) After 20 to 30 minutes the screen logs out. ps Have tried on my desk top & iphone with same results.

Thank you,

Answers

• Hello @dolor and welcome to the Community!

I have located your open ticket with our Support Teams. Kindly wait for the engineers to respond.

In the meantime, you can disable the security modules in Bitdefender one by one and try the URL after each deactivation, to find out which of the defenses is causing the issue. Make sure to reactivate your protection after the troubleshooting process is completed. You may find detailed steps on how to temporarily deactivate the modules in the article below:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I am exhausted yesterday I eliminated all the protection modals. After reinstalling most I got mail for the rest of the after noon and into the night which meant I was very busy until it wasn't there anymore. And today I have had no access.so............tomorrow I will try your fix. Mean time thank you for getting back to me..

• Hi @dolor,

Thank you for your feedback. I have noticed that an engineer also replied to your inquiry and provided the following instructions:

As the issue could be caused by Bitdefender's Online Threat Protection module, please follow the steps below to disable it and then please try logging in to ATT again:

1. Open Bitdefender's interface;

2. Go to Protection. In the Online Threat Prevention module, click Settings. In the Settings tab, switch OFF:

• Web Protection
    • Search Advisor
    • Encrypted web scan
    • Fraud protection
    • Phishing protection
    • Network Protection
    • Email Protection (use the drop-down menu to select Don’t scan emails).

If you are able to access ATT with the above switched off, you can add the website to Bitdefender's whitelist with the steps in the following article (scroll down to Whitelist a safe website on Windows »):

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1519/

If the steps above do not help in any way, please uninstall Bitdefender and let us know if the issue still occurs.

You are most welcome and please do keep us updated on the outcome.

Have a good day

• Following your instruction to turn off all the web protection modules at once. I misunderstood before and turned them off one at a time. so today

Some success getting into my Email (which is a big relief) access though ATT.net > currently att Yahoo > Mail is getting a log in screen and with my user name and password I can get in to the mail. the VPN was on for this. However, cannot access ATT.com unless I turn off the vpn. Must say I feel quite vulnerable with all the protections off. Engineers are asking for online access an possible phone so will arrange that first. Thank you

• Engineering got on my system remotely. Looked at settings made changes and all has been well since. They were not at all forth coming as to what caused the problem, what the connection to the 7/22 update was. Also they did not tell me what setting changes were made or how secure the system is now as opposed to prior to 7/22.

As every thing seems to be working I wanted to thank you for your assistance. You may close this issue out.

• tinkerbirdman
    edited November 2022

I am in the same boat.. I think. I cannot access AT&T now. Cant with any of my computers or phones that have BitDefender on them. I can log on to AT&T no problem on a work computer which has not Bit Defender. I have not been running the VPN when this problem has arisen.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly follow the resolution steps provided by @Alexandru_BD in the above comments and check if it helps.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi @tinkerbirdman,

Yes, please let us know if the above steps are helpful. If not, I would recommend contacting the Support Teams, as it was the case for @dolor, the engineers managed to fix this, but only during a remote session.

Regards