A report about some issues with Bitdefender and MSI Mystic Light

m33ts4k0z
m33ts4k0z ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Utilities

Hello,

I would just like to report an issue with Bitdefender Total Security and MSI Mystic Light RGB software.

Recently, over the MSI forums, we discovered that somehow, Bitdefender interferes with the operation of this software making that Mystic Light doesn't work at all and thus making it impossible to control the RGB Leds on the hardware.

The issue happens upon updating system drivers and/or MSI Center software. After removing Bitdefender and restarting the issue goes away.

Let me know if you would like logs or anything else to troubleshoot this.

Thank you

Comments

• Hello,

Based on your report, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Logs might be required as well, but the engineers will further advise on the next steps to follow. This way, if there's indeed a compatibility issue between the two, the devs can address it in a timely manner.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited October 2022

Hi @m33ts4k0z ,

On a forum like that, it sounds like members who know what they're doing, but just to make sure you covered these bases, did you all try?

Adding the software into all three Exception categories: Antivirus, Advanced Threat Defense and the Firewall.

Maybe also try disabling all three of those to see if it helps 1) Protection/Antivirus Open/ Advanced/Bitdefender Shield. 2) Protection/Advanced Threat Defense/Settings/Advanced Threat Defense. 3) Protection/Firewall. If it works, try enabling them one at a time to find out what the possible culprit may be.

Otherwise, Alexandru's post would be what's needed.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I have Mystic Light installed (MSI Dragon Centre & Nvidia graphics card) although my lights are set to "Off". I also have Armoury Crate software installed (ASUS Motherboard) & it comes with Aura Effects (set to dark) which also controls the lighting on the graphics card. Occasionally my graphic card lights up again so I usually have to open & update Armoury Crate, then open MSI Dragon Centre & re-click the Apply button for my dark setting to switch my graphics card lights off again. I didn't connect all the other lights my system came with. They just attract insects at night, & I've got enough bugs as it is...lol. Specially those tiny little midgy ones that can fit through fly screens & computer cases & love running around all over your monitor at night....really annoying. Anyway, not sure if any help but if you've got ASUS hardware & Armoury Crate installed maybe it needs updating. That's my 2 bobs worth...hope it helps...but probably not...lol.