Time to adapt to the system

Guilhermesene
Guilhermesene Defender of the month โœญโœญโœญ

Hello to everyone in the community ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I would like to know how long it takes for Bitdefender to adapt to my system?

I say this because I believe there is a time for AV to adapt to the system and not consume so many resources compared to those who have installed AV recently.

Thank you very much for those who answer ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH โœญโœญโœญโœญโœญ
    edited October 2022 Answer โœ“

@Guilhermesene

Just a Quick Scan is not enough. Like i already said, a System Scan is mandatory for better adaptation. After the System Scan is done, open all you applications one by one, and after everything is done leave your device ON for let's say 5 or 6 hours, without you doing any activity on the device. Just let Bitdefender analyze your device.

Believe me, for me, after that period of 3 days, i don't have any impact by Bitdefender on my device.

And here are my specs:

Laptop: Asus X551CA

Purchased: April 2014

Specs: Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4GB DDR3

Hardware change: November 2018, 500GB HDD -> 120GB SATA-III SSD

I'm a Bitdefender Total Security user since 2017.

Regards.

Answers

• Sono curioso di saperlo anche io e non sono sicuro se ci sia questa funzione o meno.

Nunzio ยท

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Is it the Bitdefender Photon feature? Does it also apply to the free version?

Nunzio ยท

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Guilhermesene

Thanks for the reply @Gjoksi.

Usually when I do a new BDTS installation, I do the following steps:

- I do the new DB install

- Update the software

- Restart the PC

- After reboot, I do a quick and thorough vulnerability scan

However, I did not know about these 1,2 or 3 days. I thought it might be a "legend" that people comment on some forums, but it even makes sense due to the Bitdefender Photon technology.

• Gjoksi
    edited October 2022

@Nunzio d'Abbruzzo

Hello.

"The app uses the Photon technology to enhance the speed and performance of the threat scanning process. It works by learning the usage patterns of your system apps to know what and when to scan, thus minimizing the impact on system performance."

"Photon is an innovative non-intrusive Bitdefender technology, designed to minimize the performance impact of your security solution. By monitoring your PCโ€™s activity in the background, it creates usage patterns that help optimize booting and scanning processes."

Since i haven't read anything about the Photon technology in the Bitdefender Free Antivirus User's Guide and on the Bitdefender Free Antivirus website, i think that the Photon technology is NOT part of the Bitdefender Free solution, but can't be 100% sure.

On the other hand, on the Bitdefender Total Security website, under "Features" -> "Performance" and in the Bitdefender Total Security User's Guide, you can read about the Photon technology.

Regards.

• We ask @camarie or someone who knows if the Photon technology also works in the free version.

So we remove the doubt. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway thanks as always @Gjoksi ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Nunzio ยท

• Guilhermesene

Hello everybody,

Just feedback: after performing these procedures, Bitdefender is very, very fast on my machine and has no impact on the device ๐Ÿ™‚

• Gjoksi

@Guilhermesene

Well, i told you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 mod
    edited November 2022

I'm curious to know if the Photon function is also present in the free version.ย 

If I remember correctly, in the old free version there was.

Nunzio ยท

• SeriousHoax
    SeriousHoax โœญโœญโœญ

Yes, Bitdefender Free also has Photon. Go to the Bitdefender free section in the Bitdefender website. Scroll down to the Compare Bitdefender Products section and click on the Windows Protection. It will show you what is available on each version.

• Nunzio ยท

• A strange thing is that in the comparison link it gives the free and paid version, in the free version it is indicated that there is no autopilot and instead in the free version it is active. In fact, in the icon of the system tray there is the autopilot icon on B, which cannot be deactivated or activated, by default it is always active.

Nunzio ยท

• Gjoksi

@Nunzio d'Abbruzzo

Hello.

We are not talking about AUTOPILOT, which is presented in all Bitdefender home products. We are talking about the PHOTON technology used in the Bitdefender home products.

@Alexandru_BD Mate, can you tell us is Photon technology used in Bitdefender Free. Thanks.

Regards.

• Hi @Gjoksi yes I know that we are talking about Photon and in Bitdefender Free, as indicated on the Bitdefender Free web page it is present.

While always looking at the Bitdefender Free web page, I realized that it is indicated that for the free version Autopilot is not active, instead I point out that even in the free version Autopilot is active, so it should be corrected on the Bitdefender Free web page.

Nunzio ยท

• Hello,

The Photon technology is present in the Antivirus Free as well. The Autopilot is "technically" included, but with limited functionality, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the paid version and because of this, it was not included in the comparison page. The free version is basically a "detuned" version of the paid product, but nevertheless, it looks good, does the job as expected and I think it's one of the best free solutions out there.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Nunzio ยท