I Keep Getting Spammed By Bitdefender. Any Advice To Stop The Notifications?

npx
npx
edited December 2022 in Install & Updates

I want Bitdefender spam notifications to stop. I paid for the app - but it's now my main source of annoyance. I got 2 notifacation "warning me" I need to use BD VPN (I actually have one running) or terrible things will happen to me *IN THA LAST HOUR*.

How do I stop this spam? And more importantly -- why should I have too? I'm so annoyed I'M READY TO DEMAND A REFUND.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)

2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)

3. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"

4. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"

5. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)

After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.

Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):

or

open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".

Regards.

• Special offers under settings is already OFF, as is the recommendation notifications, and has been for Years, confirmed its still off. Despite this still got the almost full screen pop up today to purchase the new password manager. At least I haven't seen the "you need to use our VPN to be safe, with a link to buy the VPN" (despite already being connected to a VPN) pop in in quite some time. Guessing the "password manager ad" is going to be the new adware from Bitdefender.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022

@npx @Matthew69 has it been resolved? We haven't heard any news from you. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user