Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Install Two Softwares Avast And Bitdefender Together?

Options
Coty Goodwin
edited December 2022 in Install & Updates

Greetings to all, This is Coty and I am a new member on this forum. I need some help friends. I recently tried to install Bitdefender on my PC. But while installing this software, I am getting an error from Avast. Avast does not allow me to run the program. So I was searching online how to resolve it and I found one that suggested disabling Avast, I may install any software. Is it safe to run two antivirus programs simultaneously?

For security purposes, Avast is more important. I would appreciate it if you could suggest how to install two software simultaneously.

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I will be very specific to your query. We all know that running two antimalware products side by side is not a good thing. Today's antimalware products are designed in such a way that if they find any other antimalware product installed on an operating system, they will instruct the user to uninstall the already installed antimalware product in order to install the new antimalware product.

To be very frank, if you have a very high end configuration of an operating system like processor, ram etc, you can run two antimalware product at the same time making sure that you disable the realtime protection and behavior blocking of any one of the antimalware product.

Now, since avast is more important to you, I will suggest instead of installing bitdefender alongside with avast, you can install emsisosft emergency kit which is a portable scanner and uses the malware signature database of bitdefender antimalware for the detection of malware. In this way your main antimalware avast will protect you from malware and you can do a periodic scans with emsisoft emergency kit.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Here is a good explenation why it is a bad idea using two AV solutions at the same time:

Every antivirus has many features which can be broadly categorized into two parts - On demand features and On access (real time) features.

On demand features needs user actions to start/stop it's working. Whereas real time features such as real time file scanning, or automatic memory scanning are always running in the system.

If you use two antivirus software with all real time features enabled, the similar features from both antivirus software will conflict with each other and may not work properly resulting into a very bad user experience. Also these real time features will consume lot of memory and will slow down your system drastically.

By disabling the real time features from one of the software, one can use only on demand features such as initiating full system scan manually. However for general public, it is very tedious task with very low success rate.

For effective antivirus detection – that protects against computer viruses, worms, trojan viruses, and more – the antivirus software has to be allowed to penetrate to a suitable level within the computer… deep into the system kernel. This is because the antivirus product needs to intercept system events, deep within the computer. The intercepted data is then passed to the antivirus engine for analysis – so the antivirus scanner can scan intercepted files, network packets, and other critical data.

If there are two antivirus programs running on a single computer, they will each try to install interceptors into the same part of the system kernel. This is likely to result in conflicts between the antivirus monitors – probably with one of the following consequences:

• One of the two antivirus programs will fail to intercept system events.
    • Each antivirus program’s attempts to install parallel interceptors will cause the entire computer system to crash.

Hence it's a bad and painful idea to use two antivirus software at the same time.

Also, first you must uninstall (remove) Avast using this tool:

https://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

and then install Bitdefender.

Regards.

• Okay, thank you so much for your suggestions and I removed Avast and then install Bitdefender. I have no longer any issues while installing this. Lets see what happens using both antiviruses together.

• RedsFan
    Options

I don't know why you would use avast, its acting like spyware itself and gives you lot of popups that you are vulnerable for this and that.

You would be more safe with Bitdefender than avast.