Two-factor authentication not possible

Good day

I have created a new account so that I can describe my problem here in the expert community and also download a test version so that my newly formatted notebook is protected.

I lost my mobile phone and now I no longer have access to the installed 2-factor authentication. Unfortunately, this happened when I reformatted my notebook. Now I want to reinstall and activate the following products. But this doesn't work because I can't fall back on the 2FA as described

Bitdefender Total Security

Bitdefender Premium VPN

Password manager

Can you help me with my problem?

Answers

• Hello @MarcA and welcome to the Community!

Please send me a private message with the e-mail address associated with the Central account that cannot be accessed and i'll do my best to help you.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I am in the same situation. My phone crashed, had to re-do my phone. The Microsoft Authenticator app would no long bring up codes for Bitdefender Central and I am now locked out. I had to create a second account to get on here to get help. Can I send you a private message with the email address and clear off the 2FA.

Ronald Goehring

• @puterron kindly check your messages. I have sent you further instructions there.

Thanks

• subham
    subham ✭✭✭

2FA is creating more problems to many customers than good.2FA is now set as default on.From settings it cannot be turned OFF.Even in OFF status still any registered & verified email ID with Bitdefender central is asking for 2FA.

What to do with it?

Those who handle many PC/NUC/Laptops as system administrator they came across with many problems due to not able to verify fresh installation with 2FA.Plus senior citizen who had little exposure to email & 2FA authenticator and depends on solely with a mobile or Laptop browser stored Password,they lost access their log in credentials easily.So above situations are quite common.I know it can be possible to regain access control over your email with reset password & then read the 2FA but in reality who want to get into so much tech mumbo jumbo rather they are trying to switch away from Bitdefender.A great loss for reseller like me.

• Hello,

If you don’t want to enter a 2-Factor Authentication code every time you sign in to your Bitdefender Central account, you can mark the device as trusted. You can sign in from trusted devices without using 2-Factor Authentication.

1. Go to Bitdefender Central.

2. Login with your e-mail and password.

3. Enter the security code. On the same page, check the box Trust this device.

4. Click SIGN IN.

In some cases, if suspicious activity is detected, the account can be locked and your are asked to use 2FA even if it's not activated.

Regards

• Why for god sake does BD force 2FA for customer accounts that did not ask for 2FA. At this very moment i have one customer who cannot login because the 2FA e-mail is not sent by BD...

Please BD, leave the desicion to enable 2FA to the customer!!!

• Hello @Benny54,

As per my above comment - In some cases, if suspicious activity is detected, the account can be locked and your are asked to use 2FA even if it's not activated.

Otherwise, 2FA can be enabled/disabled at the user's discretion.

Have you checked the spam/junk folders as well? Maybe the email ended up there. If it cannot be found and doesn't arrive after multiple attempts, kindly get in touch with the Support engineers and they will provide further assistance.

You can reach them using one of the contact channels available at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023

Hi @ShadyAboElDahab

Have you tried contacting Support as per Alexandru's above post?

Tick the Troubleshooting box and go through the prompts until you get to the black Contact Support box. You will have three options, Chat, email and phone support, which is not toll-free.

Chat is usually pretty quick to respond and head you in the right direction.

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• @Alexandru_BD I'm also facing the same issue with the Ms Authenticator not bring 2F codes & now I'm stuck with a subscription I can't use and I need to use it since I paid for it. Kindly help

• Hello @Iam_colyn,

I have replied to your private message but I'll also post my response here.

Your inquiry must go through the Support teams, as they have the necessary tools to temporarily reset the 2FA feature to allow the login. We won't be able to do this on the forum..

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Hi,

Me too, I am in same situation. The MFA App no long bring up for BC..... Can you help me to clear the MFA .. Thank so much!!!!

• Hello @Dang Minh Tuyen,

The Support teams can temporarily disable the 2FA feature to allow the login and you can re-enable it afterwards.

Click on the link below to get in touch with them:

You can choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket.

Regards

• Dear BitDefender are you even listening?

all the advice you give to signin… enter code…. then Bingo!

One cannot enter the code if it never arrives.

Some of these posts from 2022, but as of Dec 2023 nothing has changed, my 2FA is apparently “OFF”, yet never got a “code” (mail anywhere) after multiple tries.

Also, while we’re at it, instead of email (once you sorted out the fiasco) an SMS would be much more convenient as often “switching” between apps or browser tabs (and loosing the focus leads to issues in my experience just creating a vicious cycle of authenticate & check emails.

• Hello @Tunde Bori,

This is not a general issue. In the event the code does not arrive, you will have to contact the Support teams for further assistance. The code sending might fail for several reasons and this is something that requires a more detailed investigation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

• I have the same problem, lost acces to my old phone with MFA app and I cannot login to the Bitdefender apps

• Hello @Hector M,

Head to the link below to get in touch with the Support teams, as they can temporarily disable the 2FA feature to allow the login:

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Regards,

Alex

• I lost my mobile phone and now I no longer have access to the installed 2-factor authentication. Unfortunately, this happened when I reformatted my notebook. Now I want to reinstall and activate the following products. But this doesn't work because I can't fall back on the 2FA as described

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

@aavesh76f ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. Just follow the advice given by @Alexandru_BD in the post preceding your post. Contact Support, explain your situation, and they will temporarily disable 2FA so that you can access your Central account.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• aavesh76f
    edited January 30

I lost my mobile phone and now I no longer have access to the installed 2-factor authentication. Unfortunately, this happened when I reformatted my notebook. Now I want to reinstall and activate the following products. But this doesn't work because I can't fall back on the 2FA as described.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)