Good reasons to use Bitdefender Free

2»

Comments

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Nunzio77

Ciao Alessandro,

una domanda... se Bitdefender Free con la funzione "Photone" si adatta alle risorse hardware per ottimizzare la spesa delle risorse perché utilizza molta RAM? Questo elevato utilizzo della RAM "spaventa" molti utenti che scelgono altri AV.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Nunzio77
    edited March 2023

Watch this test video.

What do you think?

Nunzio ·

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023

Impressive :) Nice thorough test. The verdict @ 37:41 summed it up very well.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023

@Nunzio d'Abbruzzo This YouTube video was posted one day ago, Bitdefender Free vs Avast Free, and you posted a comment one day ago. You must be a subscriber to NB InfoTEch :) I think at one time you posted some of the channels you subscribe to, but I couldn't find the post.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Nunzio77

Yes @Scott I signed up for two/three channels and I enjoy watching the various tests they run on the AVs. 😅

However I think that for AV companies it is important to follow these tests and these comparisons because they could understand how to improve or see what the competitors have and do in order to improve their own making them more competitive.😉😃

Nunzio ·

• Hi,

I can share more insight on this. The Bitdefender labs are indeed keeping an eye on the detection results by independent testing firms. However, it's difficult to keep track of all independent reviewers, as you can imagine.

Behind the scenes, there are talented and dedicated people who develop powerful, innovative technologies that have won multiple awards from the most trusted independent testing labs in the industry and they are always going through the samples used in tests, where available, to understand where our detection fell short and how they can improve detection for any missing samples.

As some independent testers point out, while some products may sometimes be able to reach 100% protection rates in a test, this doesn't mean that these products will always protect against all threats on the web. It just means they were able to block 100% of the widespread malicious samples used in a test.

So the answer is yes, tests are being reviewed and taken into consideration 🙂

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Nunzio77

Thanks @Alexandru_BD 😉😃

Nunzio ·

• You're welcome @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo,

To add here, whenever the independent testers can provide the security researchers with their findings and samples according to the standardization (AMTSO), or if they can share them per request, the Bitdefender Labs analyze them and take their feedback into account for future updates in the detection area.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user