Computer freezing when launching Diablo 4

CrispyCookie
edited March 2023 in Antivirus Free

Windows 11 64bit

Tl;DR, BitDefender(BD) free, Battle.Net(BN), Diablo 4(D4)

1 - BD and BN worked fine for months before installing D4.

2 - D4 froze or soft locked the PC when launching the application.

3 - D4 launches and does not freeze / soft locks the PC with BD uninstalled.

4 - After installing BD, BN and D4 now have issues.

5 - BN and D4 work fine again after uninstalling BD.

Greetings,

I've beening using BitDefender(BD) for a while now without any problems, and I would like to continue using it. I'm currently having issues launching Battle.net(BN)(application) and Diablo 4(D4) while BD is installed.

For months, I've never had any issues launching BN and playing World of Warcraft. But ever since I've installed D4 and tried launching it, I've had to force restart the PC multiple times and even did a system restore just to play the game.

Currently, if I have BD installed, BN get's some kind of, Update Agent is asleep error, a BN service. Like I said, I've never had this issue before installing D4 and I'm not even sure why I'm getting it now. I'm not entierly sure BD is at fault, but BN is working and not giving an error with BD uninstalled, so I don't know anymore.

As for D4, when launching it with BD installed, the PC would freeze, or go into some kind of soft lock. I lose the ability to open applications. Start menu and even task manager refuse to open. After uninstalling BD, things work again.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but I would like to get it resolved if possible. I'm using the free AV version of BD.

Thank you very much!

Comments