How to turn off Guest Network on Bitdefender Box

Steve24
Steve24
edited March 2023 in Bitdefender Box

I have a bitdefender box and I've got the guest network turned on. I want to turn it off. I used the Bitdefender Central app to create the guest network and within the app there's a switch to turn the network on/off. When I turn it off, nothing happens. The app indicates that the network is off, but it's actually still on and the next time I return to the app it tells me that it's still on.

Does anybody know how to turn it off so that it's actually off?

Thanks much.

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023

Hi @Steve24

For that, I would contact support and see what they have to say. We don't get very many posts regarding the Bitdefender Box on the forum, as to be able to give you an answer from experience.

Support can be reached from here. Click on the How To's and Troubleshooting box, and tick a couple of prompts to get to the three support channels. Chat is the quickest way to get things going. Phone support is not toll-free, just so you know.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thanks, Scott. I called support (no charge -- I don't know why). The person who answered the phone didn't know how to turn off the guest network, but offered to have somebody call me back. That was several days ago and I haven't heard anything. I'll do as you suggest.

Thanks.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender BOX Support:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Scott

@Gjoksi thank you for that reminder for that link :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi

@Scott

Hey, no problem, mate. We are here to help each other... And remind each other for other links... :) Regards. :)

• Scott
    edited March 2023

Just a question, when we go through the normal support options, and it asks what support we're looking for, and it has the option to tick for The Bitdefender Box, does it automatically get routed to Box support, or does the Box Support link just bypass that extra clicking to go directly to them?

edit: I"m thinking the normal support channel is just pretty generic?

• Gjoksi
    edited March 2023

Good point, buddy, but that is a question for @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD. 😉 I think that the best way to contact Bitdefender BOX support is from the link i posted. At least, you'll be sure that you contacted Bitdefender BOX support directly. Also, that way you will not get any unwanted answer, like: "I'll pass your issue to the Bitdefender BOX support and they will reply to you in the shortest time possible". 😁 Cheers. ☺️

• Scott

Winner for the answer, my friend..mod, please, mod?! :)

• For what it's worth, the US phone number listed on the Box Support page just takes you to Bitdefender support. They apparently no longer have a dedicated support line. I am still very happy with my Box but it seems like it's been more or less abandoned by Bitdefender. I contacted chat support as you suggested. He also told me that he can't help and will refer it to somebody who will email me.

It's a pretty basic question. I'm surprised that nobody has been able to help with this so far.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 2023

The best way if not the fastest way is to share the query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com be it for any bitdefender product. This email can even be used for bitdefender business products.

The support team will redirect the query to specific department internally and you will get a response from the specific department and that is why I prefer all the bitdefender user to drop and email to support instead of directing them to contact or chat in most of the cases, because most of the things requires time and investigation to be done in order to get a valid response back which is not possible over the chat or call.

The support team will reply back to query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    edited March 2023

Interesting and insightful reply, Flexx. At times I wondered why you did that, posted that link so frequently :)

• Hi @Steve24,

Since I've noticed the usual settings didn't disable the guest network as expected and the ticket was raised 4 days ago, I have asked one of our BOX engineers to get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Normally, the guest network can be disabled from Box settings -> Guest network enabled -> turn OFF the switch -> warning -> change successfully -> network disabled, but perhaps there's something else that needs to be checked there.

@Scott this link provides the user with the same contact channels for support, just like for other Bitdefender products and will ensure the request is routed directly to the BOX Support Team, as they are not the same team that handles the technical and commercial inquiries for the rest of the home user products. Sure, the users can reach the Support engineers by choosing the BOX product from the available options in the Support Center as well, but their inquiry will have to be redirected to the BOX team once received.

Emails sent to boxsupport@bitdefender.com will also reach the BOX Support Team directly.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks Alexandru. I got an email from support this morning. They also think that using the switch as you describe should work, and that it might be necessary to power cycle the modem. I have tried both and that doesn't work. Hopefully they will get back to me with a solution.

• Thanks for updating us @Steve24.

I hope everything works out for you.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user