Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender APP Icon is not appearing on the taskbar

Options

BitDefender APP Icon is not appearing on the taskbar, some default icon is showing how to resolve this issue, appreciate anyone can suggest?

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Hi @deeebhandari

If you wanted to try disabling Bitdefender Agent in the Taskbar settings, restart your PC, re-enable it, and see if that works. Otherwise, you could try what this member posted:

@Mike_BD do we have any updated news on where the engineers are at regarding this issue?

Thank you.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

There are a few reasons why Bitdefender might not be showing in the system tray or starting on startup. Here are a few things you can check:

1) Make sure that Bitdefender is installed and running properly. You can check this by opening the Bitdefender app and looking for the "Status" icon in the bottom right corner of the window. If the icon is green, Bitdefender is running properly. If the icon is red, Bitdefender is not running.

2) Make sure that Bitdefender is set to start on startup. You can check this by going to the "Settings" icon in the Bitdefender app and clicking on "General". Under "Startup", make sure that the "Start Bitdefender with Windows" option is checked.

3) If Bitdefender is installed and running properly, but it is still not showing in the system tray or starting on startup, you can try restarting your computer. This may fix the issue.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

1) Bitdefender may not show in the system tray if you have enabled the "Hide Bitdefender icon from the system tray" option in the Bitdefender settings.

2) Bitdefender may not start on startup if you have disabled the "Start Bitdefender with Windows" option in the Bitdefender settings.

3) If you have recently installed a new program or made changes to your computer's settings, it is possible that these changes have affected Bitdefender's ability to start on startup or show in the system tray. If you are not sure what might have caused the issue, you can try reversing the changes that you made or reinstalling Bitdefender.

If issue persists, uninstalling and reinstalling bitdefender product is advisable. If issue still persist, you will have to contact bitdefender support.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hi @deeebhandari and thanks for joining our Community!

If after reinstalling the problem persists, then, as @Flexx mentioned, I'm kindly asking you to contact Support.

cheers,

Mihai

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• deeebhandari
    Options

Thank you all for responding, I have contacted BD support team and hey have reinstalled the software post that issue is resolved...

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

It sounds like the reinstall fixed it. If you wanted to try to run a repair, to see if that helps.

Otherwise, a total uninstall and reinstall may be needed, using the Uninstall tool, and reinstalling from your Central account.

You could always contact support, and see if they have on file what can be done for this issue.

Go through the How To's and Troubleshooting prompts until reach the black Contact Support box. You will have three options, Chat, email and phone support, which is not toll-free. Chat can be the quickest way to get things started, and see what they have to say.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• deeebhandari
    Options

Surprisingly, BitDefender APP Icon is not appearing on the taskbar just after couple of days reinstallation done by the BD support team.. I reached out to them again to reopen the earlier ticket, asking for further support as this issue is not resolved yet for me.

• Mike_BD
    Options

@deeebhandari can you, please, send me the ticket number?

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• deeebhandari
    Options

@Mike_BD sent you via 121 message

• deeebhandari
    Options

BD support team contacted me today.. They did reinstallation again. But this time they specifically asked me not to delete 3 BD icons from the desktop. Those 3 BD icons on the desktop have been marked as hidden for a time being. Though issue is resolved for now however will let you know a) after a week if it works as expected b) if it reappears again