Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installing on a second device problem.

Options

Hello all, I am a new BD user, (switched from 20 plus years using Kasperski) and have sucessfully installed the 5 device software on my desktop. however, I have hit a problem trying to install it on my wifes laptop. I sent her the link, we downloaded the software, and it installed as normal, but now if she clicked on the BD icon, nothing happened. Also my BD dashboard still tellls me to install it on 4 more devices, even though it should now be just 3 more. Whats gone wrong?!😕

Best Answer

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was also a Kaspersky user in the past, and there were many cases where I had trouble installing other companies' security software because Kaspersky's registry information remained when installing Bitdefender.

If so, I think it would be a good idea to download the Kaspersky Removal Tool and completely remove Kaspersky.

When deleting, I think it is better to start Windows in safe mode and run the deletion tool under that mode.

kavremover(Please search on Kaspersky support site.)

Answers

• Kevyn
    Options

Just looking at BD central, I read that my wifees laptop has the software installed but it "is not assigned to a subscription", so how do I do that??!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Follow the steps from this article:

If that didn't help, follow the steps from this article:

Regards.

• Kevyn
    Options

Thank you for yoour suggestions. However, I am not able to follow them because when we click on the BD icon on my wifes laptop, NOTHING HAPPENS, the ''Dashboard' does not appear. Nothing appears. I can see my wifes machine via MY desktop PC installation, where it says that HER device has the software installed, but not "assigned to a subscription", but I cant see any way to 'assign' her device to my subscription.

Once again, if we click on the BD ico on her screen, nothing happens! The dashboard does not appear, nothinig appears.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Kevyn,

Based on my findings, protection is currently installed on two devices.

So, if you bring up Bitdefender on that laptop, can you access the UI? What happens if you open Bitdefender from the systray? Are there any other security solutions installed on that device? Can you post a screenshot of how the Bitdefender UI looks like on that device?

device has the software installed, but not "assigned to a subscription", but I cant see any way to 'assign' her device to my subscription. - if Bitdefender was previously installed on that device, it's highly possible that the software was linked to a different Central account and in order to link it with yours, you can use the 'Switch account' feature, as described in the article shared previously.

If the Dashboard is unavailable to you, then it's possible that the product was not properly installed on that device and I would recommend a fresh reinstall. You can use the uninstall tool available at this link to remove any traces of Bitdefender before proceeding with the new installation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Kevyn
    Options

Hello all,

Mysteriously, the poblem has fixed itself! Last night my wifes laptop appeard on my account, and when she booted it up, BD deshboard worked as expected. I cant explain it, but am just greatful its now working.

Many thanks to all for the helpful advice.

K

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Very well then, good to hear this. Thanks for following up. 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Kevyn
    Options

Thanks for he adviceSteck, I had in fact used the Kaspersky removal tool, that part seemed to go without a hitch!