Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender now includes Cryptomining Protection

Options
Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited March 14 in News & Blogs

With the advent of cryptomoney, a relatively new cyber threat has emerged – cryptojacking, in the form of cryptomining malware. This malware strain piggybacks on your device’s processing power to mine cryptocurrency without your knowledge, taking a significant toll on your device’s performance and potentially paving the way for other, more severe security risks.

Recognizing this threat, Bitdefender Total Security now encompasses a cutting-edge cryptomining protection feature.

Read the full article on our blog:

And don't forget to leave your thoughts on this one here. What do you think about this new feature? Are you cryptomining yourself? Have you ever experienced cryptojacking? Tell us in the comments below.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

I think that this is a GREAT addition to a great product. While I haven't personally been a victim or done any cryptomining, I have worked on malware removal cases where it was an issue for the user.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Options

@Alexandru_BD,

I think it’s great to have this new protection module. I think it’s important in today’s digital world.

The configuration is as always quite simple since, it was done automatically.

Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Cristian Dumitru
    Cristian Dumitru Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi!

A major improvement to your product !

It s already installed

All the best ! 😀

• Jenwren
    Options

How to enable?

• TaxiMagicien42
    Options

Hello @Jenwren

You can find the answer to your question in this Bitdefender support article. 

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• Gdnaybr
    Options

I'm confused - shouldn't Bitdefender prevent cryptojacking malware from being installed in the first place?

Thank you

• TaxiMagicien42
    Options

Good morning @Gdnaybr

As you can see, this is now the case.

Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @@Gdnaybr and thanks for joining us here.

To answer your question, it's important to mention that the protection technologies available in Bitdefender already cover/detect conclusive cryptojacking (as in cryptomining files with malicious code embedded). Cryptomining Protection extends the coverage to Cryptomining activities that do not necessarily embed malicious code (so the traditional layers will not pick them up) but can be dropped/running on the system without the user knowing. This is what the new feature actually brings to the table.

I hope I managed to clarify this aspect.

Regards,

Alex

• Machisen
    Options

When I open up the Protection Features in my Bitdefender Total Security, the Cryptomining Protection option does not show up. It's not there.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Machisen ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. The Protection features page actually scrolls there are so many Protection components. The Antivirus component is at the top left. Refer the images of my BDTS Protection components, paying close attention to the blue scroll bar at the right side.

I am guessing that you scrolled down. If not, please post back.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited March 28
    Options

Hello,

To add here, make sure you have the latest Bitdefender version installed, you can check this here, then restart your device and the feature should be displayed afterwards. 😉

Regards,

Alex