Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Anti-tracker failed to load

Options

Running Windows 10. In Edge, there is an error with the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension.

I received the error: The extension failed to load properly. It might not be able to intercept network requests.

Should I remove and reinstall it or something else?

Thanks

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 26
    Options

Remove the Anti-tracker extension and re-download it from the stated link on your Microsoft Edge browser (https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/bitdefender-antitracker/dbconhplchnbippmjabbcedokimacfjl)

Let us know if it helps.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Mrmom
    Options

What's the point of paying for Total Mobile Security when DuckDuck Go blocks over 1000 tracking attempts coming from Bitdefender ! What am I getting for my yearly subscription ? Should I be looking for a new protection service ?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 28
    Options

Are you talking about Bitdefender Mobile Security or Bitdefender Total Security (whose license can be used to activate Bitdefender Mobile Security as well)?

You may also agree that nothing in this world is free; everything has hidden costs to it. If the service were provided for free, no company would survive. Here is the information I found all over the web combined together for DuckDuckGo.

DuckDuckGo is not entirely privacy-free and that ad blockers like uBlock Origin and AdGuard AdBlocker block some trackers from DuckDuckGo. Here are a few key points about DuckDuckGo's privacy practices:

• DuckDuckGo does not store personal information or user browsing histories. This sets it apart from Google, which builds profiles on users to serve targeted ads.
    • However, DuckDuckGo does use some third-party tracking from services like Microsoft's Bing Ads and Amazon affiliate marketing to earn revenue. These can potentially be blocked by ad blockers.
    • DuckDuckGo has stated that the Microsoft TrackerMap is used for syndicated (ads sold by Microsoft) ad revenue. They claim this tracker does not collect or share EU user data due to GDPR regulations.

You can try it yourself as well by changing your search engine to DuckDuckGo while installing adblocker uBlock Origin and privacy blocker Ghostery or you may also go directly to the DuckDuckGo website.

Same is the case with Bitdefender TrafficLight; you cannot expect it to block everything.

Below is the image of tracker block result from uBlock Origin on the DuckDuckGo website.

Below is the image of tracker block result from AdGuard AdBlocker on the DuckDuckGo website.

Some websites may show more trackers and some may show fewer, and if DuckDuckGo states that it is entirely privacy-focused, does not track anything, then how come trackers are available on its own website and its search engine?

@Alexandru_BD anything to add here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Mrmom,

I have noticed that you are using Premium Security. Here's what you are paying for:

And here's your complete guide for the Anti-tracker browser extension:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Gofarlow,

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following steps:

• Update the extension and your browser to the latest versions.
    • Disable any other extensions one by one to check for conflicts.
    • Review your browser settings and ensure they are not blocking the extension's functionality.
    • Check your network configuration for any potential issues.
    • Reinstall the extension to ensure its files are not corrupted.
    • Review the permissions granted to the extension in your browser settings and ensure they are sufficient for its operation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex