Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Not Compatible With Windows 11 24H2

Options
NormanF
NormanF Mr
edited April 9 in Enterprise Security

Hi,

I keep being disconnected with the host.

The current installation package in the cloud portal isn't compatible with Windows 11 24H2.

The smaller download package and the epskit x64 abort with the same result.

Its ridiculous there's no fix to the issue.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 9
    Options

One reason might be because the current stable version of Windows 11 is 23H2, which is completely working fine with Bitdefender products. As for Windows 11 24H2, it is currently released to Insiders (Canary & Dev channels), so you will face issues since they are not stable releases. To ensure Bitdefender works properly on Windows, it should be a stable Windows version. As far as I know, testing of Bitdefender products is done on stable releases of Windows versions only.

Additionally, the first preview of Windows 11 24H2 was released on February 8th, 2024, and the stable release is expected to be released in September, 2024. Therefore, you will have to wait for the stable version to ensure compatibility with Bitdefender product. Microsoft advises using Insiders builds at your own risk, as some software may fail to run properly. As far as I know, Bitdefender developers will not release any fixes for Windows versions that are not stable.

More information can be provided by @camarie

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

The installation checks for the supported OS versions. I cannot speak for multiple products (or 100% accurate for the exact installer code), but installing on an unsupported version, especially for a product of this kind, is not something supported. But I will ask the appropriate guys and get back as soon as I have an answer.

Meanwhile, the suggestion of using a supported OS is the correct one.

• NormanF
    NormanF Mr
    Options

You're correct but this is first time I've seen a product fail to run on Windows.

All my other software doesn't check what Windows version I'm running and I can use it.

That means I need to wait a couple of months to run BD. I might as well pause it until then.

• camarie
    Options

An issue has been filed on this one, and although it is not on the priorities top, we would look into it.

• camarie
    Options

A question: does this refer to the business product, or the consumer product?

• camarie
    Options

Looks like is about the EPS product. Consumer product installs just fine.

• NormanF
    NormanF Mr
    Options

My issue is with the business product.

Looks like the consumer product is supported as they all would be.

If the server didn't connect to the server due to payment issues, I could test it next month.

Thanks for your help.

• camarie
    Options

I cannot say that is due to payment issues, it might. But I think the setup for business it might be more restrictive. Someone from the business team might contradict me, sure.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 10
    Options

Hi,

I'll move the discussion to the Enterprise Security category and tag @Andrei_S Enterprise for an opinion.

Cheers,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Andrei_S Enterprise
    Andrei_S Enterprise Business Support Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hello @NormanF ,

Windows 11 24H2 it's an Insider version (not officially released) so the agent Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools (BEST) will not run on this version. We are compatible with all stable Windows versions which are available on the market.
    When Microsoft will officially release the 11 24H2 we will be compatible with it. This is due to the fact that the Insider versions need to be tested by us as well and ensure there are no compatibility issues that would put you at risk in any way. Furthermore, during this beta period Microsoft might discover different bugs on this version which will be fixed before the official version is released.

Supported OS: https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-376327-endpoint-protection.html#UUID-118f83ec-8508-34af-2274-66b999e05776_section-idm63255252567122

If you need additional help please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Andrei