Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can not pay/select without using Bitdefender VPN + Safepay

Options

Hello,

since a few weeks we are not able to select airplane tickets or to pay online.

We can only do this when we turn on Bitdefender VPN+Safepay.

Moved from Greece to Thailand, so the server is not the problem. It is on 3 laptops and 2 Android phones. We had no problems in 2023, started this year.

Tried everything with customer support, endless, daily tasks for 1 month now. 0 Solution or any normal feedback. After uninstall / reinstall I got the notification that the product is not compatible and at notifications in my laptop it is mentioned that the product is out of date? Nothing is done so far from Bitdefender´s site. Does anyone has the same problems, or have any idea how to solve this? Thanks!

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@MartijnS ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. Would you be so kind as to send a Private Message to @Alexandru_BD , our Forum Administrator, which includes the date and Support Ticket Number? He will be able to find out the status of your ticket and let you know.

Please post back and let us know how you get on.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• MartijnS
    Options

Thank you Phil, I have send him a message.

• garioch7
    Options

@MartijnS ,

Thank you for posting back. I know that @Alexandru_BD is committed to providing outstanding customer support.

I will be watching this topic to see what he says.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• MartijnS
    Options

Thanks Phil! have a nice day too

• garioch7
    Options

@MartijnS ,

@Alexandru_BD must be away. @Mike_BD , @camarie : Can anyone update this user on the status of his ticket?

Thank you for your patience. Hopefully, one of the three Bitdefender staff members pinged will respond . . .

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

"since a few weeks we are not able to select airplane tickets or to pay online.We can only do this when we turn on Bitdefender VPN+Safepay."

I am not sure to what this refers to, as is too vague. Is this a problem on a browser? all of them?
    VPN can be a solution in regard of going to a website which allows connections or various operations depending on the country detected, so that might be a cause.

Can you explain (here, but even better also in a support ticket) what are the steps you are trying, and what is not working?

• MartijnS
    Options

@camarie I just left a long comment but do not see it back? I have also send you a PM.

• camarie
    Options

I do not see the comment yet.

• MartijnS
    Options

@camarie did you get it now?

• camarie
    Options

Got it and replied, thanks. Must have been a small delay.

• MartijnS
    Options

Chat 1009130521 - Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 at 07:15

Hello Camarie,

To summarize, there have been issues in the process of selecting and making online payments for airplane tickets since 2024. Or can not access certain websites. We normally use G Chrome, but also tried Edge.

We have been on several servers in 2024 as we moved countries twice the last half year. So the server can not be the problem.

In 2023 we used the same browsers, different servers, never encountered problems that I can not select and pay. We did encounter a few times that Web Protection is switched off on the android phones without any notifications. By accident we saw this in Central. This happened a few days again.

The only way to select and pay is when we turn on Bitdefender VPN + Safepay. Many websites do not accept VPN so we have a problem. This occurs on 3 laptops and 2 Android phones. Websites where we have to most problems with are AirAsia, LionAir can not select or even see the options. For example we could not pay at Ethiad airways, only when we turned on VPN+Safepay.

But we encounter the problems that many Asian websites do not allow VPN.

Since March 25 we performed the tasks below:

1 Sending summaries + screenshots and the problem

2 Turn off the Online Threat Prevention and visit the websites

3 setting a custom DNS server

4 Sending a log with the provided tools and send this through a link provided by Bitdefender

5 Updating
    6 uninstall / reinstall - After uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender we had a pop up for a few seconds with the notification that the product is not compatible. Also at notifications in the laptop is the notification that the product is out of date.

7 sending product version details
    Result: Problem stayed the same. 

We did not do the following: Suggested was that we would visit highly commercial websites fully unprotected to experiment if one of the modules is the problem. This department had no idea what the problem could be so they thought that experimenting on our risk would be a good idea. We did not agree.

Contact stopped on April 17th and never heard back from the agents and they did not reply to my emails. I had to contact Customer Service twice this week. 0 answers or results. Their only reply, be patient because the departments are too busy. Also CS´s manager/supervisor is too busy.

The last days CS did not get back to me, they told me that they would, nor did a Technical department or Quality.

I simply do not understand why a new similar product is not given to see if the problems are gone. I asked for this, they ignore this in full.

Please let me know if you need more details, Thanks!

• MartijnS
    Options

@camarie I just send it to you, did you receive it?

The message

Hi and thank you for reaching out.

Chat 1009130521 - Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 at 07:15

To summarize, there have been issues in the process of selecting and making online payments for airplane tickets since 2024. Or can not access certain websites. We did not have this in 2023.

We use Google Chrome and Edge in 2023 and 2024.

We recently moved countries and on this server we have the same problems.

The only way to select and pay is when we turn on Bitdefender VPN + Safepay. Many websites do not accept VPN so we have a problem.

This occurs on 3 laptops and 2 Android phones.We moved countries last week, different server, so the server is not the problem.

We performed the tasks below:

1 Sending summaries + screenshots and the problem

2 Turn off the Online Threat Prevention and visit the websites

3 Updating

4 setting a custom DNS server
    5 Sending a log 

6 uninstall / reinstall - After uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender we had a pop up for a few seconds with the notification that the product is not compatible.Also at notifications in the laptop is the notification that the product is out of date.

7 sending product version details
    Result: Problem stayed the same. 

We did not do the following: Suggested was that we would visit highly commercial websites fully unprotected to experiment if one of the modules is the problem. This department had no idea what the problem could be so they thought that experimenting on our risk would be a good idea. We did not agree.

After April 17th all communication stopped and they did not reply to my emails and therefore I had to contact Customer Service. CS can not help me and they only tell me that I have to be patient because the departments are too busy.

CS supervisor would get back to me, did not happen, did not hear from Quality or the 2nd line of Technical support. So no idea why nobody is picking up my case?

I suggested to provide a similiar new product to see if all the problems are gone, they ignore this in full.

2nd problem since 2023 that often Wen Protection is switched off on the Android Phones. It happen again a few days ago. By luck we saw it in Central.

If you need more details please let me know, Thanks!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MartijnS,

I have asked our technical leads to get back to you asap. They have acknowledged the issue, they are investigating further and as soon as they have news, they will send you an update along with further instructions. I have also received your private message.
    I cannot pronounce myself regarding the websites, that needs to be investigated in depth by the Support teams and yes, they may ask you to perform a few tasks / follow some instructions to find out what could be causing that behavior and this is part of the troubleshooting process.
    If Web Protection gets disabled without notice on Android, this mostly happens due to the accessibility permissions. This article explains what actually happens:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32406/

@garioch7 I was off indeed, sorry I couldn't get back to this sooner.

Thanks.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• garioch7
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

Welcome back. We missed you! 😢 Everyone is entitled to vacation time, even you! 😉

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• MartijnS
    Options

@Alexandru_BD thank you for your message. I also had contact with Camarie.

We do not mind performing some tests ,we have been doing these since March 25.

We already tried a few times with the Power Saving mode, we found this link a few months ago as we encountered this problem several times in 2023 and 2024.

But all the other apps were still on and working properly. It is only Bitdefender which is switching off. But will monitor it these coming weeks. And will turn on/off my power saving mode a few times to test what happens.

Today I received the following from Technical Support : As mentioned previously on the ticket, a fix for this Bitdefender behavior is still undergoing development. We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet, but we will contact you as soon as it's implemented by an automatic update of Bitdefender. Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Since product updates are usually released once a month it may take at least 1 month until a fix is implemented in the product - this does not include the debugging period

I am not sure is he is referring to the Web Protection on Android, or the VPN+ Safepay selecting & paying air plane tickets.

Thank you Alexandru.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

It's good to be back @garioch7 🙂

@MartijnS I don't have access to your open case but I'm sure they are referring to the VPN+ Safepay issue and not Web Protection turning off on Android, that's another story and there are some challenging aspects of the OS that are interfering with the app in that scenario, as explained in the previous article. The basic troubleshooting steps may help, but I've learned this also depends on the type of phone used.

You are most welcome, I hope this gets resolved swiftly. 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user