Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Any way to get a Devices customizable list view in Bitdefender CENTRAL?

Options

Buna ziua,

In Bitdefender CENTRAL, under Devices, the boxed view wastes a lot of space and is not customizable. Longer device names can get cutoff, and it's hard to locate or sort computers, once you add more than about 10 of them.

Any chance to implement a list view with rows (one device per row) and allow adjusting the width of the columns, as well as what columns/fields to display? Ideally also allow grouping/separation by some index key, or at least by license pack, aside from the current "Device Status"?

Multumesc din inainte.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @SemoTech,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. Your proposal is very interesting and I have now moved the thread in the Ideation category. I will pass this suggestion to our developers for analysis and based on the available customization tools and resources, they will decide if this is something that can be implemented in the near future.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Sbal-admin
    Options

I strongly agree with @SemoTech but I see there is no change yet…

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD Any news from the devs on the suggestion above? Thanks.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 8
    Options

The feature request seems like it should be introduced.

@Alexandru_BD, users are awaiting a response 😂

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• SemoTech
    Options

@Alexandru_BD I posted this request in March 2022 and it is now May 2024, over 2 years later, with no change.

Any chance we will see this implemented in our lifetime?

Thank you / Multumesc.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 9
    Options

Hello @SemoTech,

I'm afraid I don't have any news for this feature request. I did follow up yesterday with one of our product developers on Central regarding this. As far as I know, when fewer devices are featured there, the display is usually accurate, for example I have 5 protected devices and they are all looking good there. I think the name of the devices also plays an important role in the manner they are displayed, if the names have long strings of letters and numbers, then obviously those will not fit in their individual squares, since they were designed with specific dimensions in mind.

This looks more of an issue for BOX users or for those who have more than 10 devices, and I think renaming the devices might be a workaround to avoid longer device names being cutoff. My personal opinion is that changes to this section won't be made unless it is established that this poses an inconvenience for all users, or at least for the majority. I think the Central account must continue to allow easy usage and remain user friendly, and since it has been designed for home usage, it doesn't really offer the same degree of UI customization like the business console has, which was designed to accommodate dozens even hundreds of devices.
    I think that If we begin to add adjustable columns and rows and editable functions like that, it will start to look like an Excel table and this may confuse some of the users. I'm not saying it's a bad idea and I totally understand the reasoning behind the concept, but I just don't see it happen.

I'll let you know if anything changes here.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user