Need help putting Bitdefender on a new computer

I bought a five-device subscription to Bitdefender in March from BestBuy and installed it on my Windows 10 computer. I just got a new Win11 PC and need to install the application on it, and deactivate it on the old computer. I should have, but didn't, kept the original download to copy onto the new computer. When I logged into Bitdefender Central today to manage subscriptions it says I have no active subscription. What should I do?

Answers

• An addition: The old computer has been disconnected from my monitor so can't be used at the moment. I'd rather not unplug the new computer and plug in the old computer unless I have to.

Jay

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH mod

Hello.
    ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).
    So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
    Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.
    Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.
    NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!
    Also, @Alexandru_BD (who works for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM him.
    Regards.

• Hello @Jay Sheldon,

Is your Bitdefender subscription managed by BestBuy? Meaning, did they activate the product for you, or did you order the product online and entered the activation code yourself? It's not necessary to keep the original copy because if you have purchased a multi-device subscription, you can install protection on other devices directly from your Central account. BestBuy is a Bitdefender partner and if the subscription was purchased from them, you should contact the vendor for any subscription inquiries. 'When I logged into Bitdefender Central today to manage subscriptions it says I have no active subscription' - Have you logged into the same account where the subscription was previously activated? Check the email address to ensure you have not created a new Central account.

The Bitdefender Support teams can also help and I do recommend to get in touch with them.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you both for your replies