Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

lost BD 10 anti virus on up grade

Options

I have also lost my installation of the program. I got a notification that an up grade was available when I tried to up grade my computer froze up. I got it restarted. But my Bit Defend was lost. I tried to reload but could not was told to remove the newer version. I did not have a newer version. I tried to uninstall but could not, no uninstall file no program to uninstall. I deleted all references was told to program, in registry also. I tried to reinstall but was told it could not find file bdstandard.msi I found file then I was told I didnot have permission.I was logged in as administrater. I have spent a lot of hours trying to get program back and am getting fed up. I did like prog. until the upgrade took it away. I was about to ask you if I could upgrade it. now unless I can get it back with a modicum of work I just want a refund> thank u R franklin it ran fine for 10 days (i am newbe to BD) I am semi pro puter user (better than the average bear)

running XP PRO on pent.4 ;1.25 meg memory; drive C+D 82 gig each 15% filled;

PPS:i deleated all of program and all regestery entries including BDSS;VSSERV;XCOM;LIVESRV;BDFSDRV;BDRSDRV

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited April 2007
    Options

Hi ray

Download microsoft installer cleanup :

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9...1bd/msicuu2.exe

Install it and run it and look after any references that have BitDefender or Softwin in the name and select them and press on remove. Look also after only number e.g. 10.247 that is also BD related. Press also on remove.

Regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Download also the uninstall tool : http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...all_Tool-10.exe

Let it run and reboot your computer before trying to reinstall.

• Please be very, very careful with the Microsoft uninstaller as if you don't know what to remove you may damage the whole operating system.

Please try first the BitDefender Uninstaller and then see what happens.

• thanks my expertise does extend as far as knowing Not to fool with register with out backing up. I guess(hope) I know enough to fall short of being dangerous. NOW thanks so much for the information. bit defender new version installed just fine! I understand once its in, it repairs itself? You dont know how much this means I am disabled, 59 years old and cant work. Had brain surgery 2 yrs. ago to relieve constant jaw pain. it was not successful but the pain gets even worse when I'm under stress. Your info has calmed me down to a more bearable level. PROPS ;). YOUR so smart i have a new post hope its not off subject. THANKS AGAIN!!! ray

• Niels
    Options
    Please be very, very careful with the Microsoft uninstaller as if you don't know what to remove you may damage the whole operating system.

Please try first the BitDefender Uninstaller and then see what happens.

I know that if you remove the wrong item that you can suffer computer problems. But I gave exact instructions. To only remove the installer that has BitDefender in the name or just numbers.He wanted to uninstall all parts of BitDefender. And he already deleted the registry keys.

Regards

Niels

microsoft cleanup tool just removes the msi installer and also the related registry keys. But if you want to delete a registry key the best thing it to export it first by selecting it then file,export and save it on a place so you can import it later. But don't mess with the registry because this is the heart of a computer. Your computer couldn't start if you delete too many entries.