Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdfsfltr Crashes Explorer.exe

Options

Ever since i installed bitdefender my explorer(the service not the explorer folder) has been freezing/and eventually get the option to end the process..its doing it constantly..i know it is bitdefender because i check my event viewer after the crash.and it shows this.

File System Filter 'bdfsfltr' (Version 6.0, 31/12/2007 2:12:12 AM) failed to attach to volume '\Device\CdRom0'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xc0000013. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

anyone have the same problem or know what this means..anyone have a fix for it

Comments

• Ever since i installed bitdefender my explorer(the service not the explorer folder) has been freezing/and eventually get the option to end the process..its doing it constantly..i know it is bitdefender because i check my event viewer after the crash.and it shows this.

File System Filter 'bdfsfltr' (Version 6.0, 31/12/2007 2:12:12 AM) failed to attach to volume '\Device\CdRom0'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xc0000013. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

anyone have the same problem or know what this means..anyone have a fix for it

Did you install from a CD? Maybe it isn't completely done installing yet. Try booting with the CD in the drive. Don't actually boot from the CD, just have it in the drive.

• I am having exactly the same problem

• So do I, except that I do not experience the explorer service crash. And I did not install BitDefender from a CD. The events show up several times after boot up amongst informational events of the Service Control Manager about starting services.