Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocks Pages

Options

i have one question, i have bitdefender 2008 and while he is on i am having problems with my internet bank system, can someone tell me if bitdefender works or is it compactible with internet banking system, or i have to enable some exception on bank page...

thx in advance

Comments

• Chesda
    edited September 2008
    Options

What does the message say when Bitdefender is blocking it? It might be blocking it for a good reason, for example a phishing attempt. Is it an executable or web page?

If it is a web page, unblock by:

Go to and Parent Control

Select your username and able the parental control

Click on the web tab and add in the URL to the site.

Or add the URL to the whitelist on the Bitdefender Antiphishing

If it is an executable program, unblock by:

Go to Anti-Virus

Click Scanner Settings and add the location to your banking internet system.

Also check if you have allowed the internet banking system to connect to your computer by using the firewall component if it is a program.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Khar,

Did you enabled privacy control? If so did you permitted cookies,scripts for the website of your bank. Otherwise the website will not function properly. If BitDefender identity control or BitDefender parental control is blocking you should see a message from BitDefender that the page is blocked.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hi,

I have installed BD TS 09. I have no parental control and my firewall settings is set to 'enable all'. This is with the FF brower. With IE, I get the page stating that IE cannot open the page.

I can access most access; however, some sites I get a blank page. I will give you an example:

I may access a site similar to youtube. I can enter the site no probl;ems; however, if I want to access the content, and click onto it, I get a blank page.

I temporarily fixed the issue by going to the firewall rules and activity and allowed one rule. But then, the firewall blocked it again. But this time I can't work out what the problem is.

I have limited experience with firewalls and rules so am asking for some assistance and advice please.

• BTW I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and the problem still exists.

• Try disabling http scanning, identity and parental and see if it works.

Please post here the url which cannot be opened.

• I have disabled it all. The website is youtube.

• If you disabled all of the above modules and still encounter the problem, it means it is not http filter's fault.

Try to disable firewall, antivirus and antispyware. If this still doesn't work, disable the add-ons BitDefender installs in your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox). If the cause of the problem is isolated to a specific component, the problem will be fixed a lot faster.

• If you disabled all of the above modules and still encounter the problem, it means it is not http filter's fault.

Try to disable firewall, antivirus and antispyware. If this still doesn't work, disable the add-ons BitDefender installs in your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox). If the cause of the problem is isolated to a specific component, the problem will be fixed a lot faster.

Thank you for your reply. Can you clarify for me what you mean by: ' disable the add-ons BitDefender installs in your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox)' as I am unsure how to do this.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Oracle,

For disabling BitDefender Antiphising:

Go to tools,manage add-ons,enable or disable add-ons,search for BitDefender Toolbar select it and select disable. You will be informed that you will need to restart Internet Explorer.

In Firefox:

Go to tools,add-on,search for the BitDefender toolbar and select disable.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello Niels,

Thank you for your reply. Despite following all the suggestions I still am not successful in accessing these pages on either FF or IE; I only get a blank page (FF) or 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' for IE.

Could you please provide any further advice- it would be appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards,

Oracle

• Niels
    Options

Hello Oracle,

Did you created identity rules in the privacy control section? You should first switch to advanced view. But normally you should see a warning page from BitDefender.

Try this in Internet Explorer:

Go to tools,internet options,on the advanced tab press on reset,in reset internet explorer settings dialog box press on reset to confirm.

Now try this go back to tools,manage add-ons,enable or disable add-ons now enable each add-on separately restart Internet Explorer and see if the problem occurs again. Write the name down of the problematic add-on. So it's possible to find the culprit.

Try this in Firefox:

Click on start,programs,Mozilla Firefox,Mozilla Firefox (safe mode), check the following options:

disable all add-ons,

reset toolbars and controls

Now press on make changes and restart.

After you have done that do this go to: tools,options,advanced,network, offline storage,clear now

Now do the same thing by enabling each add-on separately.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hi Niels,

Thanks for your post and your patience.

I have tried everything you have suggested but with no success. I will just have to accept that for the enxt two years there will be some websites I will not be able to access whilst using Bitdefender.

Kind regards,

Oracle

• Niels
    Options

Hello Oracle,

Please try this:

Press the windows button together with r now type cmd press enter. After you have done that type this:

ipconfig /flushdns press enter. If it succeed type exit and press enter.Reboot your pc.

What is the error message that you see when trying to visit these pages?

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello Niels,

Thanks again for your reply. I have followed your advice but still without success :( With some sites, particularly some 'tube' sites, I just get blank pages if I want to watch a video.

I suspect there is a problem with my system rules as I managed once to get it working by changing a rule but then it changed back again.

Cheers

Oracle

• Hi Niels

I just noticed that after I followed your instructions my antiphishing and antispam options have now been disabled and I cannot restore them. Any suggestions why this has happened and how I can rectify the problem?

Thanks

Oracle

• I uninstalled bitdefender as I could not update nor access the internet. I then went into the registry and removed any Bitdefender residue. However, I did find some residue of previous antivirus programs, which I thought was removed, but wasn't.

I have now reinstalled Bitdefender and the updates, antiphishing and antispam modules are working.

I still have the same problem with not being able to upload some 'tube' videos.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Oracle,

These leftovers could be also cause of your problem. Please check this topic. I recommend that uninstall BitDefender again by using this tool. Double click on it to run it choose uninstall. You will be asked to reboot please do so run the removal tool 1 more time install BitDefender again.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hi Niels,

Yes I used the removal tool when I last uninstalled it. It didn't change the outcome.

I am wondering if there is a ****** problem or problem when Mozilla 3 or Quicktime upgraded?

Regards

Oracle

• Niels
    Options

Hello Oracle,

Your user profile in Firefox might be broken. To be able to view the videos on youtube you need to have flash player. I recommend that you remove flash player by using this tool. Follow these instructions. Remove quicktime by following these instructions. Check this also.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello there, i have seen this error.

-the only thing that works to unblock this is disabling the vsserv.exe service on command line.

-the sites that are blocked are all https and not the http sites

still i havent got yet a solution. :mellow:

Best regards

Pedro

• Niels
    Options

Hello Pedro Silva,

I had the same exact issue as you had that exceptions weren't used so you couldn't visit these pages that contained information that you entered to keep safe. That problem is fixed for me in the 2009 product line of BitDefender. You can upgrade for free for the remaining days of your current license key.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hi Niels,

Thanks for your reply. I follwed your suggestion and uninstalled flash player and quicktime.

I have since tried to reinstall flash. It says it is installed but when I want to watch videos (eg ninemsn.com) it repeatedly asks me to install flash. So now I have another problem lol.

Cheers

Oracle

• Hello Pedro Silva,

I had the same exact issue as you had that exceptions weren't used so you couldn't visit these pages that contained information that you entered to keep safe. That problem is fixed for me in the 2009 product line of BitDefender. You can upgrade for free for the remaining days of your current license key.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hello Niels,

That I have noticed, but on client's there isn’t yet a 2009 version.

So has the team already found the issue why its taking time to implement that?

Seem that updates to new versions messes with old-ones.

Best Regards

Pedro

• i have one question, i have bitdefender 2008 and while he is on i am having problems with my internet bank system, can someone tell me if bitdefender works or is it compactible with internet banking system, or i have to enable some exception on bank page...

thx in advance

Hi khar,

I If you are using Internet explorer 6.0 Then i would like to suggest you kindly Disbale the Bitdefender Toolbar From internet Explorer. Tool > Mange Add Ons > Bitdefender ToolBar > Disable > Ok.

Hope this will help you...

Thanks

Ajit Singh (Unistal, India )

• Hi khar,

I If you are using Internet explorer 6.0 Then i would like to suggest you kindly Disbale the Bitdefender Toolbar From internet Explorer. Tool > Mange Add Ons > Bitdefender ToolBar > Disable > Ok.

Hope this will help you...

Thanks

Ajit Singh (Unistal, India )

i dont think this will help in this case... :(

• i dont think this will help in this case... :(

it didnt help.. i already tryed that before

• Hi Niels,

The problem regarding uploading tube sites has now resolved itself without any intervention. There is still a glitch with the flash player as for some sites (for example: YIM avatars, it is still asking me to install flash player, despite having already installed it.).

I am happy with the outcome.

Thank you for all your patience, time and assistance.

Kindest regards,

Oracle

• that was a diferent issue.

because https persists.

• May Be This Should Help.

UnInstall Your Firefox (ie Including All Your Settings), Reboot Your System & Again ReInstall It.Follow This Link -> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7 To Get Latest Flash Player, Quick Time Player For Firefox.Please Also Get Latest Firefox (Version 3.0.3) From Here -> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ If You Don't Have.

• this is on IE 6

• nvadr
    edited October 2008
    Options

After installation of Bitdefender Antivirus 2009, I began to have problems viewing certain pages that use Php, specifically Forums. When I would log into a forum, I would be presented with a white screen. This is not the fault of IE or FF.

I found that if I uninstalled BD 2009, things went back to normal. I re-installed BD 2009 and once again got the White Screen of Grief!

I proceeded to add the effected sites to the White List, also I have tried to shutdown the Antiphishing side of BD but to no avail..

I found a temporary fix in IE by going into advanced settings (tools/internet options/advanced/http 1.1 settings/Use Http 1.1 uncheck the box.. By doing this I am now allowed to join php forum pages without the white screen of grief..

Since this is not an acceptable option for me, since I use firefox (which I have no fix) to do my safe web browsing and only use IE for updates (all its good for, other than helping spread malware/viruses) I have now uninstalled BD2009 and gone to BD version 10 (freeware), which does not block me from my favorite websites.

WinXP - Internet Explorer 8 - FireFox 3.0.3 (Disabling the tool bar does nothing)

• lukas.beutel
    edited October 2008
    Options
    After installation of Bitdefender Antivirus 2009, I began to have problems viewing certain pages that use Php, specifically Forums. When I would log into a forum, I would be presented with a white screen. This is not the fault of IE or FF.

I found that if I uninstalled BD 2009, things went back to normal. I re-installed BD 2009 and once again got the White Screen of Grief!

I proceeded to add the effected sites to the White List, also I have tried to shutdown the Antiphishing side of BD but to no avail..

I found a temporary fix in IE by going into advanced settings (tools/internet options/advanced/http 1.1 settings/Use Http 1.1 uncheck the box.. By doing this I am now allowed to join php forum pages without the white screen of grief..

Since this is not an acceptable option for me, since I use firefox (which I have no fix) to do my safe web browsing and only use IE for updates (all its good for, other than helping spread malware/viruses) I have now uninstalled BD2009 and gone to BD version 10 (freeware), which does not block me from my favorite websites.

WinXP - Internet Explorer 8 - FireFox 3.0.3 (Disabling the tool bar does nothing)

I had the same problem since I installed BD2009 yesterday.

My OS is Vista Ultimate with the latest service pack.

My findings are:

WBB3 (Woltlab) pages are working without problems

WBB2 (Woltlab) [2.3.6] 2 of 3 are working, [2.3.3] 1 of 1 is not working

--> I switched off all parts of BD and switch them on again one by one. result: the problem is the antivirus / antispyware part of BD. I reactivated antivirus / antispyware again and changed from standard to tolerant. All of the above mentioned pages were working again. Then, I switched back to standard an disabled the IM traffic check and yes, all pages are still working.

But why is this http-traffic seen as IM traffic???

• suporte
    edited October 2008
    Options

bitdefender already detected the problem and it has a fix file called httproxy.dll should be automatically implemented in a future update patch

• Hello everyone.

I have been using Bitdefender 2008 and now have switched to Bitdefender 2009.

The problem I have faced from the start is unability to open www.mail.ru page (and this is where my primary mail bos is!).

I have checked all settings, added the url to the white list in antifisshing module... with no results.

There are the following lines in the log related to this web-site:

2008/11/03 19:09:53.843 [bDFTDIF] Connection attempt to 194.67.57.126-80 succeeded. (0x0)

2008/11/03 19:09:53.890 [bDFTDIF][bDPREDIR] Invalid connection state: 5.

(the ip is www.mail.ru ip)

I tried to search for what "Invalid connection state: 5" means in help... with no results as well.

I tried turning off the firewall module altogether - again with no results, besides, I do not think that turning an entire module off should be the right solution....

I would be grateful for any advise.

Thank you,

Marata