Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Is Wrong With My Bitdefender Total Security?

Options

I have purchased bitdefender total security 2008, and it tells me that I have installed it successfully, but when I restart my computer, something pops up and tells me that it has crashed, and for me to send a diagnostic report of some kind.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I have tried re-installing it, many, many times to no avail.

Would appreciate any help,

-Louie

Comments

• Some old security product could be in the way. What was your last security set up?

• Unfortunately help is limited to non-existend in these forums <_<

• crashed on a new computer and Has not been installed antivirus on it Before that,,

bitdefender is not balanced And it is eradicated easily.

We must not blame Other anti-viruses To exonerate bitdefender.

Did not deal in my life With programme contains errors like bitdefender.

• crashed on a new computer and Has not been installed antivirus on it Before that,,

bitdefender is not balanced And it is eradicated easily.

We must not blame Other anti-viruses To exonerate bitdefender.

Did not deal in my life With programme contains errors like bitdefender.

Me too have installed it on a new pc (and clean) ,Also have many problems

Have uninstalled and reinstalled it 10 times already !

Have sended BD the files they wanted and got the reply uninsstall and reinstall again ?,that isnot a solution.

The latest problem is when I do a manually Deep System scan and stop it after some time it doesnot stop the only way to stop it is reboot my pc ?

Does anybody can try a deep scan to stop it and then look if its still scanning .

• Niels
    Options

Hello kungfu,

To solve that please open task manager by pressing these 3 keys all together: ctrl+alt+del(ete) in vista you should choose task manager click on the processname tab so everything will be sorted alphabetically search for uiscan.exe entry or entries. Left click on them and click on end task.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Me too have installed it on a new pc (and clean) ,Also have many problems

Have uninstalled and reinstalled it 10 times already !

Have sended BD the files they wanted and got the reply uninsstall and reinstall again ?,that isnot a solution.

The latest problem is when I do a manually Deep System scan and stop it after some time it doesnot stop the only way to stop it is reboot my pc ?

Does anybody can try a deep scan to stop it and then look if its still scanning .

What is the name of your BD software?

Maybe you software package is corrupted redownload it.

I encountered such thing (Deep scan hanging after reaching the rootkit scan) while using BD 2008 Antivirus and Sunbelt Firewall( latest release) so i advise you to remove any other security software and see how it goes.

I have purchased bitdefender total security 2008, and it tells me that I have installed it successfully, but when I restart my computer, something pops up and tells me that it has crashed, and for me to send a diagnostic report of some kind.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I have tried re-installing it, many, many times to no avail.

Would appreciate any help,

-Louie

If before BD TS you have used another security software, please use some tools to remove any leftover.You should not use a 3d party firewall while using Total Security.I also advise you ,before reinstalling, to use the BD Uninstall Tool,to reinstall Windows Installer 3.1 ( if XP SP2) and redownload the BD package(maybe the one you got is corrupted).

• What is the name of your BD software?

Maybe you software package is corrupted redownload it.

I encountered such thing (Deep scan hanging after reaching the rootkit scan) while using BD 2008 Antivirus and Sunbelt Firewall( latest release) so i advise you to remove any other security software and see how it goes.

Bitdefender Total Security 2009 ,have un(in) stalled it many times no solution ,there was/is no previous security software installed have a new pc and the first thing I installed on it was/is Bitdefender .

But ty for your reply,it does get frustating though !