Is Ietoolbar.dll A Bitdefender File?

Iolo System Mechanic 7.5 tags the file IEtoolbar.dll as malware and a dangerous startup item. It is located in the bitdefender 2008 folder and found in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\internet explorer\toolbar.

This is supposedly adware, a variant of CoolWebSearch. Google searches indicate this is correct. Bitdefender does not tag it as a problem. Part of BD?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Hello PawBear,

Yes, IEToolbar.dll is part of BitDefender. It is the BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar, and it has nothing to do with CoolWebSearch. It's a false positive on the side of System Mechanic.

Cris.

• How come the publisher for BitDefender Toolbar (IEToobar.dll) is

"(Not verified) Bitdefender" ?

• Hello i hate viruses,

That means that microsoft didn't checked the new version of ietoolbar.dll. That is why there is written (not verified) BitDefender. Why that BitDefender is mentioned because ietoolbar.dll in the past was always related to BitDefender.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello i hate viruses,

That means that microsoft didn't checked the new version of ietoolbar.dll. That is why there is written (not verified) BitDefender. Why that BitDefender is mentioned because ietoolbar.dll in the past was always related to BitDefender.

Kind regards,

Niels

So is it harmful? and how do I seek for update for it? thanks.

• Hello i hate viruses,

No, it isn't harmfull. What I said is that BitDefender updated the BitDefender Antiphising protection trough a product update but microsoft didn't test that new version.

Kind regards,

Niels