Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Shutting Down Total Security 2009

Options

I'm trying to install a program "Trains 2600". It says I have to disable my virus program etc. while installing. How do I disable Total security 2009 temporarily?

jetsitter

hjrose@mts.net

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello jetsitter,

Sorry for the delay. I am aware that you might have figured it out already. If not you need to do this start BitDefender switch to advanced view go to the antivirus section, high light the shield tab and uncheck realtime protection you can choose for how many time you want to disable realtime protection. Infact you shouldn't disable BitDefender at all.

Kind regards,

Niels

• jetsitter
    Options

The game I'm trying to install is"Trainz 2600" says to shut down your antivirus progam and firewall which I did but still will not install properly. The game passes all test when starting at first but no screen goes back to the desktop. Bitdefender seems to be still running in the background according to my Task Manager (Windows XP home Edition). Do I have to uninstall BitDefender 2009 Total Security to completely stop it from it running?

Jetsitter