Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Av 2009 Crashes In Windows Xp

Options

I'm running Bit Defender Antivirus 2009 on an ACER Aspire 5002 (I know, never again), with Windows XP, Version 5.1, Build 2600 and Service Pack 3.

The Status says that I haven't run a Quick System Scan for 21 days and when I click on the FIX button, the scan starts. Then approximately 1 minute later, the laptop shuts down................. :(

Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

Comments

• I'm running Bit Defender Antivirus 2009 on an ACER Aspire 5002 (I know, never again), with Windows XP, Version 5.1, Build 2600 and Service Pack 3.

The Status says that I haven't run a Quick System Scan for 21 days and when I click on the FIX button, the scan starts. Then approximately 1 minute later, the laptop shuts down................. :(

Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

Did you installed another antivirus or antispyware recently

• Did you installed another antivirus or antispyware recently

Nope!

• Nope!

Have you recently installed sp3. Bitdefender TS 2009 is not very compatible with sp3 .I suggest you to use v.2008.Sorry :(

OR

GO TO:Control panel

Performance & Maintenance

Admin tools

Event Viewer

SEE the event ID of the ERROR

• "Have you recently installed sp3. Bitdefender TS 2009 is not very compatible with sp3 .I suggest you to use v.2008.Sorry "

Maybe not, I had BDIS-2008 running on XP, SP3 and it ran okay. I updated to BDIS-2009 and it now runs even better.

Another computer here is still running BDIS-2008 (Win 2000) and it is quite lame, no updates are ever completed. Maybe updating to XP will help. :-(

Fungus

• rootkit
    Options

Have you recently installed sp3. Bitdefender TS 2009 is not very compatible with sp3 .I suggest you to use v.2008.Sorry :(

OR

GO TO:Control panel

Performance & Maintenance

Admin tools

Event Viewer

SEE the event ID of the ERROR

I have BitDefender 2009 TS on my XP SP3 since launch (august 2008). It works just fine ;)