Bis 2009 Virus Scan Expceptions Are Grayed (inactive) !

mahanddeem
edited November 2008 in General talk

Hi all

I used BIS2008 before

Now I use BIS2009 build 12.0.10.3(latest build) on Windows XP SP3 ...all updated and stable......

Why the option of exclusion from virus scan now in BIS2009 is grayed out (it's there but inactive...I can't use it) ?!?! In previous BIS2008 it was normal and active !!!

How to activate it ?

also this is applied to automatic updates (they are also automatic and grayed out !!! ..I just can't change the setting ?

What is the solution ??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi all

I used BIS2008 before

Now I use BIS2009 build 12.0.10.3(latest build) on Windows XP SP3 ...all updated and stable......

Why the option of exclusion from virus scan now in BIS2009 is grayed out (it's there but inactive...I can't use it) ?!?! In previous BIS2008 it was normal and active !!!

How to activate it ?

also this is applied to automatic updates (they are also automatic and grayed out !!! ..I just can't change the setting ?

What is the solution ??

Thanks in advance

From HughB:

I have the identical circumstances. It was on for a while but went off before I ran the backup and is now greyed out and I can't find a way to set it back on and have it stay on. I had read elsewhere that someone else had it related to the game mode. I wish this would get fixed.

• So now........What to do ?

Where are the moderators !?!?!?

• Hello mahanddeem,

All the moderators are just people who do this forum in their free time. This isn't also a support forum. If you want support from BitDefender you need to contact them trough live chat,phone or by logging into your online account.

Please do this press the windows button together with r now type this: services.msc press enter. Search for the Terminal Services. Right click on it choose properties by startup type select automatic press on apply and ok. Reboot your pc and see if the issue still persists. If so I recommend that you perform a repair installation do that click on start,all programs,BitDefender 2009,repair or remove choose repair.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello mahanddeem,

All the moderators are just people who do this forum in their free time. This isn't also a support forum. If you want support from BitDefender you need to contact them trough live chat,phone or by logging into your online account.

Please do this press the windows button together with r now type this: services.msc press enter. Search for the Terminal Services. Right click on it choose properties by startup type select automatic press on apply and ok. Reboot your pc and see if the issue still persists. If so I recommend that you perform a repair installation do that click on start,all programs,BitDefender 2009,repair or remove choose repair.

Kind regards,

Niels

Thanks a lot

• Help..........It didn't help...........What to do now ?