Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Multiple Issues/viruse/trojans

onecelledbrain
edited December 2008 in Malware talk

As stated in the title. bitDefender detected and quarantined sqlserver.dll labeled as Generic.PWStealerA623E8F9 located in my C:/Windows folder. Problem is that it keeps coming back after reboot despite being quarantined. So i have a bunch of quarantined sqlserver.dll's but there's always another one back in the folder.

Furthermore, a firefox.exe process always starts up even though i haven't started Firefox. Right now there are two firefox.exe processes. one has 76,956 k mem usage the other 6,628k mem uage (the virus). The higher one oddly i think is not the virus because it actually starts when i start Firefox. The one with the smaller mem usage is always there despite ever starting Firefox. I did some searching and i think i found that its called a PoisonIvy virus, a backdoor kind of virus. Scans from Bitdefender doesn't detect it however but I'm certain that's what it is. I don't actually know if these two issues are related or not i just basically I need help to get rid of these. Im going to run another antivirus scan and report the log in here. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2008

Run a full scan and paste here the scan log ! :)