Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Problem

Options

Hello all,

In the past I used Norton and grew to dislike it. I was then told by a buddy to give Bitdefender a go.

I am attempting to install the trial version and I have been unsuccessful on several attempts.

I repeated receive the following:

"Service 'Bitdefender Desktop Update Service' (LIVESRV) failed to start.

Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." (no quotes)

I am a little new to computers, but have never had any trouble installing programs before, with one exception.

I am the owner and therefore the admin of the computer. Perhaps something was set to restrict me?

The OS: XP SP2.

Any Suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

Happy Holidays,

Jason

Comments

• Does anyone have anything on this one?

Thanks,

J

• Dear Jason

Happy Holidays and a prosperous new year 2009 !

Just to understand which symantec are you using? .Did you try uninstallting symantec from your machine before trying to install BD. Maybe you should try the uninstall tool avalaible of symantec .Firstly check in your add & remove prorgamms if you have any norten or any adv software which maybe blocking the installation. Also try to check your registry and manually delete symantec. (Backup registry before doing so).I hope i havnt missed out much.

• No, I thoroughly uninstalled everything. Even from the registry.

• Got same problem

• even if you have had the bd product installed before you should try to use the bitdefender uninstall tool available here, then retry to install the bitdefender product

• even if you have had the bd product installed before you should try to use the bitdefender uninstall tool available here, then retry to install the bitdefender product

Hope this will help:

I have spent hours trying to get BitDefender Antivirus 2009 to work after install today, the 'update' was grayed out completely.

However, what I did in the end was to take eveything out of my comp that referred to antivirus or spyware, and disabled my firewall, then after my first install, uninstalled BD Antivirus via the 'removal tool'.

I then downloaded the product from the actual BitDefender website and added my registration number, it worked perfectly, updates worked, scan worked and everything was fine until I rebooted, then the BD icon on my desktop would not work.

So, I went to Documents & Settings and 'start menu' and sent another shortcut icon to my desktop and it worked - so far so good.