Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My Bitdefender Does Not Show Anything When I Right Click + Show

Options

it should show me the status of my computer and BD, but it simply fails to load anything. Just sits there.

My BD is working stellar other than that... with the exception of no status bar on my scans (which I am sure you will fix in time). It updates perfectly, and slowly but surely the problems are being fixed. I would like to see this one fixed soon, though. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Thanks

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

What version of BitDefender do you have ?

• it should show me the status of my computer and BD, but it simply fails to load anything. Just sits there.

My BD is working stellar other than that... with the exception of no status bar on my scans (which I am sure you will fix in time). It updates perfectly, and slowly but surely the problems are being fixed. I would like to see this one fixed soon, though. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Thanks

I have the same issue. im using total security 2009 with vista home premium. scan and update and other feature work properly but when I right click and press show, BD do not do anything

• happens to me everyonce in a while. But it doesn't bother me much

• Sm3K3R
    Options

Reinstall Visual C++ Microsoft Redistributable 2005/2008 and NetFramework 2, before REinstalling BD 2009.Use also the BD Uninstall Tool previous to reinstallation.

Good luck!

• it should show me the status of my computer and BD, but it simply fails to load anything. Just sits there.

Thanks

Exactly the same problem here with AntiVirus 2009 (64 Bit Vista Ultimate). I uninstalled and reinstalled and it was fixed... for a day.

The main screen won't appear regardless of what I do, but the update screen and others which you can activate from a right click on the BitDefenter icon in the task bar (right side) will appear. Just not the main interface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jim

• Niels
    Options

Hello jreffner,

First remove the previous versions of .NET Framework with the tool mentioned here. After you ran that tool reboot your pc. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello jreffner,

First remove the previous versions of .NET Framework with the tool mentioned here. After you ran that tool reboot your pc. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version.

Kind regards,

Niels

Niels,

This looks scary. The Bit Defender windows is back now and I don't know why. I'll wait and see if this problem comes back. If it does, then I'll try this. I appreciate your help eother way though.

Many thanks, Jim

• Niels,

This looks scary. The Bit Defender windows is back now and I don't know why. I'll wait and see if this problem comes back. If it does, then I'll try this. I appreciate your help eother way though.

Many thanks, Jim

Niels,

Ok, now this same problem is back. The main interface won't open, but I can open stuff by right clicking the BD icon in the task bar. All except for "Show". Also, when I try to fix all Problems (i.e. scan the system) it won't work. This occurs when the main interface isn't opening as well as when it is. In other words, I can't even run a scan!

Do you really think that all of these issues are related to a corrupt .NET Framework, and if so, then why is nothing else failing? Don't a lot of apps use it?

I se that the tool you directed me to doesn't remove all of the .NET Framework versions for 64-Bit Vista. What am I to do about those?

Thanks, Jim

• Niels
    Options

Hello jreffner,

Did you ran this uninstall tool to remove BitDefender? That is the specific removal tool. Run it 2x once before an afte the reboot and install BitDefender again. Try this and see if you still have the issue.

Does it happen on all user accounts this kind of behaviour?

BitDefender uses it to open the GUI and to switch to advanced view/basic view and also to let the scan process start when you click on it.

You can select which version of .NET FRAMEWORK you wanted to remove or all the versions. If you want a clear start it's better that you remove all versions install the latest version. Other tools should work. There is rare possibility that older software need an older .NET FRAMEWORK version being installed you can always perform a repair installation or run windows update.

Kind regards,

Niels

• I didn't use the BD Uninstall tool (didn't even know it existed). I ran it (twice --Thanks for that info), and reinstalled it. It is working perfectly now (so far anyway). I'm going to wait and see if this fixes it. I'm hoping that the .NET Framework is fine. I'll let you know in a few days. Many thanks for your help!

Jim

• I didn't use the BD Uninstall tool (didn't even know it existed). I ran it (twice --Thanks for that info), and reinstalled it. It is working perfectly now (so far anyway). I'm going to wait and see if this fixes it. I'm hoping that the .NET Framework is fine. I'll let you know in a few days. Many thanks for your help!

Jim

any updates? mine worked until BD downloaded an update which required a reboot. Upon reboot, no firewall and when I click show, nothing happens. Rock on BD.... worst 30 bux I ever spent. Between the up and down internet I have been fighting for a week now this product has sucked all the joy out of owning a new computer.