Bitdefender Used To Be Great, Version 2009 Is Horrible!

I've worked with Bitdefender for years, but have had terrible problems after installing Bitdefender 2009.

Because boottime took even longer than half an hour, I completely re-installed my system (Windows XP SP3 with all recent updates and hotfixes). After a clean install and installation of Bitdefender it happened again. So I had to re-install again. Twice.

This 'improved product' with updates is total junkware. Bitdefender probably won't repay the many hours it took to get my PC running again, but I'm going to ask for a refund.

Considering this product is intended for protection, there is no excuse for sloppy programming. They should be ashamed. This product is an insult to clients hoping for a decent upgrade and I will never recommend this application to people again.

Comments

• well there are at least 10 topic almost like this, that people are sick and tired of NOT improving version2009

i mean improving on both detection-rate, bugs, heavy-BD2009 and other stuff, but they don't seem to care :)

• I've worked with Bitdefender for years, but have had terrible problems after installing Bitdefender 2009.

Because boottime took even longer than half an hour, I completely re-installed my system (Windows XP SP3 with all recent updates and hotfixes). After a clean install and installation of Bitdefender it happened again. So I had to re-install again. Twice.

This 'improved product' with updates is total junkware. Bitdefender probably won't repay the many hours it took to get my PC running again, but I'm going to ask for a refund.

Considering this product is intended for protection, there is no excuse for sloppy programming. They should be ashamed. This product is an insult to clients hoping for a decent upgrade and I will never recommend this application to people again.

Yes unfortunately I agree along with numerous friends & relatives who are leaving this once good product.

WAKE UP BITDEFENDER & BRING A UPDATE OUT TO OVERCOME THE MESS YOU HAVE SOLD.

• The solution I found was to remove bdis-2009 and install bdis-2008. It works and my key number works with either.

Fungus

• well there are at least 10 topic almost like this, that people are sick and tired of NOT improving version2009

i mean improving on both detection-rate, bugs, heavy-BD2009 and other stuff, but they don't seem to care :)

As for me, I think BDIS 2009 is better than BDIS 2008. Gave up on BDIS 2008 as it have constant updating and slow loading problem.

I don't encounter this problem in BDIS 2009 although at times I do encounter not been able to open BDIS 2009 dashboard, other than this the software seem ok. I agreed BDIS 2009 still has some bugs which it needs to fix and this software seems to be very prone to system and hardware configuration ( it works for others but it can be disaster for others too).

Overall, I guess its either you like it (if the software works) or you hate it (whatever you do the software don't seem to work and no one to turn to thus rendering software useless).

• Yes unfortunately I agree along with numerous friends & relatives who are leaving this once good product.

WAKE UP BITDEFENDER & BRING A UPDATE OUT TO OVERCOME THE MESS YOU HAVE SOLD.

The only solution is to go back to an older version, the problems exists already for Months ..