Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.agentmb.dwtu1214221

Options

BD Internet Security 2008 just identified and moved a file to quarantine that was supposedly infected with Trojan.AgentMB.DWTU1214221. This was an install file for irfanview 4.01. I had done a deep system scan a couple of days and nothing was detected. This file has been on my system for quite awhile. I keep it in a downloaded/installed folder. I've searched for any info on this variant and can't find anything. Anyone know anything?

Comments

• BD Internet Security 2008 just identified and moved a file to quarantine that was supposedly infected with Trojan.AgentMB.DWTU1214221. This was an install file for irfanview 4.01. I had done a deep system scan a couple of days and nothing was detected. This file has been on my system for quite awhile. I keep it in a downloaded/installed folder. I've searched for any info on this variant and can't find anything. Anyone know anything?

Detection will be removed shortly.

Thanks for reporting.

• jonmac
    Options
    Detection will be removed shortly.

Thanks for reporting.

Sorry, I'm slow. Does "Detection will be removed shortly." mean that this is not a virus or trojan etc. (ie it is nothing to worry about)?

(Bitdefender just did the same quarantining on my machine).

Thanks

Jon

• Sorry, I'm slow. Does "Detection will be removed shortly." mean that this is not a virus or trojan etc. (ie it is nothing to worry about)?

(Bitdefender just did the same quarantining on my machine).

Thanks

Jon

Yes, it was a false positive, but it should be fixed using the latest updates.

Have a nice day.

• jonmac
    Options

OK

thanks