Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Gmail Attachments.

Options

I've recently installed BitDefender 2009 on my new computer, running VISTA. Ever since I've installed this, it seems IE 7 and gmail are incredibly slow, to the point where I can no longer access attachments other are sending me.

Comments

• are you using the new Gmail interface by any chance?

• are you using the new Gmail interface by any chance?

I believe so. How can I find this out? Is the new version imcompatible with BD?

• if you have a 'switch to older version' button (or something like that) in the upper right part of the gmail window, then you are using the new interface. You should try the older one or try to set the Antivirus module to Permissive and see if any of these helps. There is some slowdowns between bd and yahoo/gmail.

• if you have a 'switch to older version' button (or something like that) in the upper right part of the gmail window, then you are using the new interface. You should try the older one or try to set the Antivirus module to Permissive and see if any of these helps. There is some slowdowns between bd and yahoo/gmail.
    Ok, I can access attachments when I switch to permissive. Gmail is still very slow however...

Thanks for your help!

• The 2 options under Scan files sent/received over IM are the ones that are causing these issues. You can switch the Antivirus to Default, then uncheck the 2 boxes ‘Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic’ and ‘Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic’ in Scan files sent/received over IM and try to see if there is any improvement. Did you try with the old interface and see if that makes any difference?

• Wherewithal
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The 2 options under Scan files sent/received over IM are the ones that are causing these issues. You can switch the Antivirus to Default, then uncheck the 2 boxes ‘Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic’ and ‘Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic’ in Scan files sent/received over IM and try to see if there is any improvement. Did you try with the old interface and see if that makes any difference?

Thanks, by switching to permissive I was able to fix this problem and download from gmail. I have a few follow-up questions however.

When I purchased this software I wasn't aware its 'heavy' presence on my computer; it seems to have slowed everything. My laptop has a Core 2Due 8600 Chip @8600 with 4 GB of RAM, runs VISTA. I've recently changed to using Firefox and Opera browsers. My questions are:

a - how can I, even for a temporary amount of time, minimize this software's usage of my computer's resources? Is it possible to just it down?

b - what is the optimal setup of this software considering the specs I mentioned and the fact that it is a personal computer (used by me for personal reasons), with a wireless connection at home?

c - are Mozilla Firefox and Opera compatible with this software?

d - Is the Protector Suite QL 5.6 compatible with BitDefender 2009?

Thanks,

Jason.

• Niels
    Niels
    edited January 2009
    Options

Hello Wherewithal,

When changing to permissive you disable http traffic scanner. If you open gmail.com and choose

earlier version than it works.Did you already reported it to support? The reason I ask is because this is only a user forum.

a)Open BitDefender switch to advanced view, go to antivirus,high light virus shield tab now press on custom level. Expand scan accessed files and choose scan program files only or you can exclude some extensions. Also enable options don't scan files greater than should help.

You can also but that isn't advisable disabling realtime protecion for an amount of time just uncheck realtime protection enabled.

B) You can enable intrusion detection system and also strict automatic rules,enable wireless notifications. All can be access when you go to firewall,high light settings tab and press on advanced.

c) About what kind of protection are you speaking? The http traffic scanner will always work, just as parental control,identity rules. Only BitDefender Antiphising will not work in opera because only Internet Explorer and Firefox are supported.

d) Here I can't give you answer about.

Kind regards,

Niels

• I've recently installed BitDefender 2009 on my new computer, running VISTA. Ever since I've installed this, it seems IE 7 and gmail are incredibly slow, to the point where I can no longer access attachments other are sending me.

Well, I found the magic bullet. Don't use IE use Firefox. My Gmail would barely open, but with Firefox, it's fast as ever. I'm running Vista home 32bit on a 1510 dell.

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited February 2009
    Options

G'Day Wherewithal

That you installed BD 2009 is nice, and you told us what OS its on , i.e. Vista, - You did not tell us which BD 2009 you installed

? BDIS (Bitdefender Internet Security) or BDTS (Bitdefender Total Security)

? BD Trial version or Purchased Key

? Which Vista ? - Home Basic, Premium - business or Ultimate ?

I do not know of any incompatibilities regarding any programs you mentioned - however we need to be specific and 1st need the OS and BD versions answered !

:ph34r: