Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Missing E-mail

Options

I just upgraded to Total Security 2009. I have Vista 64 Bit. On 32 occassions I have booted the computer in the morning and when I open Outlook 2003, my e-mails come in completely blank. The headers and the text are gone. I don't know where they have gone. I am 100% certain at least some, if not all, of the e-mails are not SPAM. What is going on here? Customer support was no help - as usual.

Comments

• Maybe this link might (might) help you:

Sorry, had to delete the link to Microsoft as I got the following message when trying to post:

You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to

I don't know what the administrator has against Microsoft but if you search on google for HP010400921033 you will get a link to a support page for the junk email filter in Outlook 2003 at Microsoft Office with the link ending in HP010400921033.aspx

BTW, have you tried disabling the spam filter in BDTS2009?

• mmeisler
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe this link might (might) help you:

Sorry, had to delete the link to Microsoft as I got the following message when trying to post:

I don't know what the administrator has against Microsoft but if you search on google for HP010400921033 you will get a link to a support page for the junk email filter in Outlook 2003 at Microsoft Office with the link ending in HP010400921033.aspx

BTW, have you tried disabling the spam filter in BDTS2009?

Unfortunately that's not it. The message are not in a spam folder. They appear in my inbox with no data - no from, to, subject or text. Only the date and time I started Outlook (as opposed to the time the message was actually received by the server. And they all show as the size of 584 KB. Really weird. It only happens from a cold boot. I have tried disabling the spam filter but no luck. I have removed BitDefender for now and it works. Not an acceptable option though.

• Try for Email recovery software

• Unfortunately that's not it. The message are not in a spam folder. They appear in my inbox with no data - no from, to, subject or text. Only the date and time I started Outlook (as opposed to the time the message was actually received by the server. And they all show as the size of 584 KB. Really weird. It only happens from a cold boot. I have tried disabling the spam filter but no luck. I have removed BitDefender for now and it works. Not an acceptable option though.

As uninstalling BitDefender solves the problem it hints at it being a strange problem with BitDefender. Have you tried contacting support at BitDefender?

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/getSupport/

• As uninstalling BitDefender solves the problem it hints at it being a strange problem with BitDefender. Have you tried contacting support at BitDefender?

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/getSupport/

They are useless! I called them and got someone from the other side of the world who wanted me to e-mail him the blank e-mails whcih I did. He said I would hear back in 4-5 hours. That was 3 days ago. He also suggested I just turn off the protection because I wouldn't have a problem without it on. What's the point of the program if I have it turned off? Their customer service is about as helpful as talking to a wall!

• They are useless! I called them and got someone from the other side of the world who wanted me to e-mail him the blank e-mails whcih I did. He said I would hear back in 4-5 hours. That was 3 days ago. He also suggested I just turn off the protection because I wouldn't have a problem without it on. What's the point of the program if I have it turned off? Their customer service is about as helpful as talking to a wall!

Try mail them using the support site and ask them if they have forgotten you after they promised to get back on the problem. I had to remind them of my request for help after I first contacted them before something happened. I have a feeling the support personnel at BD is a little overworked so please try be polite though it can be difficult depending on the situation. The ordinary support personnel is like most other places likely hired for doing support following a manual, if things are outside the manual it easily gets off the track.