Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2009

Hi All

Hope some one can help, with a problem installing BIT,D 2009. Tried the trial version at First. Then brought the key for the full program. However when trying to install the program I get Error MSG 2318! And I'm promoted to use the uninstall Program. which fails to work.

I have looked throw threads on this Forum and others regarding ways to Fix this problem. Unless i have over looked some thing I'm unable to Fix this problem

Bets

Justin

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

Did you try to install the paid version right over the trial that was already on the PC?

I would recommend you to try this:

1. Disable Windows Firewall, Windows Defender and all other security solutions you have installed.

2. Download and run this uninstall tool www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

3. Use the latest installation kit for BitDefender from here

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/

Please tell me if this works.

Thanks,

Florin

• Dear justintime,

If you still have the issue please download windows install cleanup. Install it and run it afterwards, search for an entry that has BitDefender in the name or numbers in this format 12.x.xx.x where each x represent a number. If present select them and press on remove confirm the warning. Reboot your pc and try to install again.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Dear justintime,

If you still have the issue please download windows install cleanup. Install it and run it afterwards, search for an entry that has BitDefender in the name or numbers in this format 12.x.xx.x where each x represent a number. If present select them and press on remove confirm the warning. Reboot your pc and try to install again.

Kind regards,

Niels

Thank you for the reply, Sadly Unable to Install 2009 still, after following those instructions

I tried the Trial Version, Then entered Key---which was for different version ie not tototly security...Then was told said program would not work. Fair enough, then my problems began. Total Reformat is the only solution i can think of.

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

You said that you reached the point where it asked for the key. This means it was installed this time. I would like to know, step by step, what happened afterwards. Screenshots would be relevant as well. There is no need to consider a format, it is never an option. The issue will be solved as soon as we determine the cause.

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

You said that you reached the point where it asked for the key. This means it was installed this time. I would like to know, step by step, what happened afterwards. Screenshots would be relevant as well. There is no need to consider a format, it is never an option. The issue will be solved as soon as we determine the cause.

Thanks,

Florin

Thank you all for your Replys, Sadly it was my only Option, Due to waiting days to get a reply from BD Support Team, Sadly I would not no how to take a screen shot let alone. Following the instructions in the Email i got 3 days after this proplem. Reformated and BD working Nicely. Many thanks