Bd W/message Rules

I purchased Internet defender 2009 a couple of weeks ago for my new laptop. Took me a week and some net research to realize BitDefender was responsible for removing all my message rules in Vista Windows Mail. Has this problem been resolved?

I purchased the DVD for installation up to 3 computers. I planned to install it on my desktop with Windows XP. Will that also be a problem in Outlook Express? Are there any other problems with XP/Outlook Express I should be aware of?

If these problems are not resolved, can I get a refund?

Thank you for your help,

Pat Hauldren

aka "Alley"

Comments

• I am having the same problem.

Hope we get a reply.

I purchased Internet defender 2009 a couple of weeks ago for my new laptop. Took me a week and some net research to realize BitDefender was responsible for removing all my message rules in Vista Windows Mail. Has this problem been resolved?

I purchased the DVD for installation up to 3 computers. I planned to install it on my desktop with Windows XP. Will that also be a problem in Outlook Express? Are there any other problems with XP/Outlook Express I should be aware of?

If these problems are not resolved, can I get a refund?

Thank you for your help,

Pat Hauldren

aka "Alley"

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

This issue will be fixed during the next major product update due late March. Until then I would like you to check if User Account Control is enabled. If it is, disable it. I have had some positive feedback of this solving the issue.

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

This issue will be fixed during the next major product update due late March. Until then I would like you to check if User Account Control is enabled. If it is, disable it. I have had some positive feedback of this solving the issue.

Thanks,

Florin

Florin,

I am having the same problem with Vista Mail rules and BDIS 2009. 3comps, 2 Vista Business, 1 Vista Ultimate, all 32 bit, all UAC turned OFF. The BD toolbar shows properly, Mail rules can be set and run during the time that Vista Mail is open, but the rules do not save while BDIS is running. The other machines running BDIS 2009 and XP pro 32bit (outlook express) are all functioning properly

I described this behavior on another thread (Feb. 26) and got no meaningful reply. I look forward to some fix soon, as our mail systems on our vista machines are a mess.

Charlie Roy