Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Main Screen Will Not Open

I have BitDefender 2009 on a Vista SP1 Dell laptop, and about 2-weeks ago I noticed that I cannot open/run BitDefender 2009. My main browser is Firefox, so not sure if that is the issue or not? What is happening is that once I boot-up my machine, everything loads and if I double click in the bottom right corner of the Task Bar on the Red icon BitDefender will not open. If right click and choose Show; it will not open. However, if I choose Update the update screen will show. If I right click and choose any other option it will open the window, unless I click on Show.

As a work around I have noticed if I hit CTRL>Alt>Del; choose Task Manager and then choose to End Process for BitDefender Security Center, and THEN double click the icon in the lower right it works. Again I am using Vista 32bit Home Premium SP1.

I have tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling, BUT to no avail.

I have Googled and found others are having this issue but no fix yet.

Any ideas??? PLEASE HELP.

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hello Brent,

We will need to move this to email because the issue requires further investigation and we will need to transfer a few files. I have sent you an email, please reply to it when you have the chance.

Thanks,

Florin

• I have BitDefender 2009 on a Vista SP1 Dell laptop, and about 2-weeks ago I noticed that I cannot open/run BitDefender 2009.

snip . . .

As a work around I have noticed if I hit CTRL>Alt>Del; choose Task Manager and then choose to End Process for BitDefender Security Center, and THEN double click the icon in the lower right it works. Again I am using Vista 32bit Home Premium SP1.

I too have experienced this problem and discovered the same workaround on both a Win Vista (32-bit) and Win XP machine. As best I can tell, if BitDefender is "busy" downloading an update, the main window may not show. Come back to the app later - when it's not downloading an update - and it behaves normally. Perhaps the download routine needs to check for the user's input a little more often.

Glen

• Dear Brent,

Install .net framework again.

First remove the previous versions with the tool mentioned here. After you ran that tool reboot your pc. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version.

If it still fails you need to rely on support. Because the only workaround is what you do.

Kind regards,

Niels

• I had exactly the same problem (BD Internet Security) and it was solved after I re-installed.

But yesterday I installed BD Anti Virus and again I couldn't open the program, even after several reboots.

But today it suddenly worked again while I didn't change anything. Very strange :|

• I had exactly the same problem (BD Internet Security) and it was solved after I re-installed.

But yesterday I installed BD Anti Virus and again I couldn't open the program, even after several reboots.

But today it suddenly worked again while I didn't change anything. Very strange :|

it is not strange. u need to terminate the process first :P

• I have the same problem. I click on the icon and it will not do anything. Is there an answer to this problem yet?

Bob :)

• I have the same problem. I click on the icon and it will not do anything. Is there an answer to this problem yet?

Bob :)

Hi

I am also had same problem but solved by using this method ,

1. Run this 2 command

regsvr32 /i %windir%\srchasst\srchui.dll

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\jscript.dll

2. Install the Windows ****** which is available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Hope it helps...