Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Threat Scanner Service

Options

I am currently testing the top 5 internet security packages to see which one I like best.

So far Bit Defenbder is a good runner up, but there are two things I don't understand.

1) No matter what settings I activate or deactivate in BitDefender, the "Threat Scanner service" does not run in Vista x64 (and is set to manual)? So what is this service and is it ok to keep it at manual? (or do I need to set it to automatic?).

2) After booting, everything loads except the BitDefender tray-icon. Then after a few seconds the mousepointer freezes for more than a minute, and only after that BitDefender icon apears in the tray and everything works. What is this delay? (I still have it after 10 reboots) and can I get rid of it?

Thanx in advance.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear Peter30,

1) That service is started when you start an on-demand scan: deep,full,quick scan. That is the reason why it's being set on manual. It's part of the scan engine.

2)I would like that you try this: press the windows button together with r now type this: msconfig press enter. Go to the startup tab. Uncheck other startup items except bdagent(.exe),IEShow. Uncheck each item separately , reboot each time and wait till the situation occur. You can leave that start up items unchecked. What you can also use are startup delayers.

Kind regards,

Niels