Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Activity Scanner

Options

The Network Activity monitor "graph" is showing nothing, while the File Activity graph constantly shows activity. This was working before I installed a new network card/adapter. Before that, I was connecting to internet using on-board LAN.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Also, I've noticed that my CPU usage is running high, averaging 85%. This has only started happening again since the network card has been installed. I can't connect that to BD but am looking for possible causes and solutions.

I am running Win XP on an AMD Athlon 64 x2, 4200+, 2.21 ghz, 2 GB RAM. I don't have an awful lot of programs run at start-up. Also, this is a fresh re-install of Win XP after hard-drive upgrade.

Thanks.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear stelorone,

BitDefender doesn't automatically installs it's firewall driver again when you change network cards. Can you please do this : press the windows button together with r now type this: devmgmt.msc press enter. Go to view,show (display/view) hidden devices, now expand network adaptors you should find BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport. If not present than please try the suggestions in this topic.

Kind regards,

Niels