Bitdefender And Acronis

See the old thread, apparently no longer able to be replied to:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=2075

I had, because of this issue, run away to Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite (ISS) 2008. Now its 2009, and my subscription with them will be up in 30 days. The question I am considering is: do I come back to BitDefender? I should point out that I am still using Acronis True Image 10.0 and have no intention of spending more money I don't have to upgrade that software. So I want Acronis and whatever ISS I use to simply work, out of the "box", so to speak.

With that said, the old topic seems to suggest in the last reply that BitDefender made a change, but that the problem was with Acronis, yet now with later versions of BitDefender, the two now play nicely together.

Can any users presently using both of these confirm or deny the above finding?

Appreciate the responses.

F

PS: I am quite enticed to come back given the sale on BitDefender: 1yr 3pcs for $39.95.

Comments

• Be sure to try it free before you pay for BD. There seems to be many computers that cannot run BD2009 without many problems. Your computer might be one that has no problems, maybe not. Try before you buy. I have two computers running BDIS. One runs 2009 fine while the newer computer won't, I have to run BDIS2008 on that one.

Fungus

See the old thread, apparently no longer able to be replied to:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=2075

I had, because of this issue, run away to Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite (ISS) 2008. Now its 2009, and my subscription with them will be up in 30 days. The question I am considering is: do I come back to BitDefender? I should point out that I am still using Acronis True Image 10.0 and have no intention of spending more money I don't have to upgrade that software. So I want Acronis and whatever ISS I use to simply work, out of the "box", so to speak.

With that said, the old topic seems to suggest in the last reply that BitDefender made a change, but that the problem was with Acronis, yet now with later versions of BitDefender, the two now play nicely together.

Can any users presently using both of these confirm or deny the above finding?

Appreciate the responses.

F

PS: I am quite enticed to come back given the sale on BitDefender: 1yr 3pcs for $39.95.

• Yes, the problem with Acronis was fixed in BitDefender 2009.

The real problem was indeed in Acrions' drivers, but BitDefender managed to bypass those problems. :)

Cris.