Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Problem! - Freezes On Profile Load ....

Options

Hi, I posted on 3 April 2009 with no reply. Please look into this and assist me as it's not very amusing begging for assistance!

Previous post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12431

Quoted:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm having the same problems.

All worked fine then my BitDefender did a major update yesterday, when I restarted the profile wouldn't load, it started to load, showed the background and a few icons then just freezed.

Another thread (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12415&hl=freeze) came to the conclusion that it may be clashing with ZoneAlarm.

I have BitDefender Anti Virus 2009 and ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000.

My pc stats. are:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Pentium 4 3Ghz

2G RAM

How do i fix this?

My BitDefender is disabled at current to at least be able to use to computer. Please assist me or I'll be forced to support another antivirus company with better customer service.

Comments

• Please uninstall Zone Alarm from the system and test in order to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.

• I've disabled ZoneAlarm then it booted the profile without any problems, but I require BitDefender and ZoneAlarm both to run.

What will resolve this situation?

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've disabled ZoneAlarm then it booted the profile without any problems, but I require BitDefender and ZoneAlarm both to run.

What will resolve this situation?

You can simply choose another firewall.Comodo should work.

• pcbugfixer
    Options

G'Day SpaceGeneral,

You, it appears, do not have a clear understanding of the Security issues from which you protect your system against.

I did post an elaborate explanation on the old forum site which you can read here View Post. "http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=11330"

In a nut shell, Only 1 Security Program Suite should be use, and definitely only 1 should be active as a TSR (Run / loaded) program. Running 2 as TSR's defeats the purpose and usually counteract the protection instruction given out by these programs effectively knocking each other out and as such affording you no real protection, as both see the other as attempting to change system codes and therefor not protecting you.

"You drive 1 car at a time, if you attempt to drive 2 cars at the same time, both will crash, and you (your PC) get injured!

:ph34r:

• G'Day SpaceGeneral,

You, it appears, do not have a clear understanding of the Security issues from which you protect your system against.

I did post an elaborate explanation on the old forum site which you can read here View Post. "http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=11330"

In a nut shell, Only 1 Security Program Suite should be use, and definitely only 1 should be active as a TSR (Run / loaded) program. Running 2 as TSR's defeats the purpose and usually counteract the protection instruction given out by these programs effectively knocking each other out and as such affording you no real protection, as both see the other as attempting to change system codes and therefor not protecting you.

"You drive 1 car at a time, if you attempt to drive 2 cars at the same time, both will crash, and you (your PC) get injured!

Bugfixer, I understand what you mean and I've read through your post. All very interesting etc.

The simple fact remains, it worked 100%. Both packages ran smoothly together and did their separate jobs very well. BitDefender did a major update and it all grinded to a halt.

The lack of software insight or flexibility can't be blamed on a clash with other packages as I'm sure there are antivirus and firewall packages that works flawlessly together as did BitDefender and ZoneAlarm until recently

It's more a case of driving a car with a big backseat but I can only carry one passenger at a time.

• pcbugfixer
    Options

G'Day SpaceGeneral,

It would be futile to suggest that in considering the content of the Anti-Virus and Security Suit in question, i.e. BD Anti-Virus and Zone Alarm, that while the Anti-Virus in Zone alarm is active that the BD Anti-Virus will also function!

That 2 different Publishers Products will work in harmony is not the issue as most will providing that the options in each are correctly setup and cause no conflict or duplication in the functions that either performs.

Check your settings in Zone Alarm as it may also have updated and by default activated the Anti-Virus in it which now caused the conflict. Obviously also re-check the settings (options) in BD Anti-Virus and disable any duplicate functions that Zone Alarm performs.

• @SpaceGeneral

Please post here the exact name and version of the Zone Alarm product that you are using and also the built of the BitDefender version that you have.

• @SpaceGeneral

Please post here the exact name and version of the Zone Alarm product that you are using and also the built of the BitDefender version that you have.

BitDefender Antivirus 2009 v12.0.12 - Virus Signatures: 2816314 - Engine Version: 7.24562

ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000

• pcbugfixer
    Options

G'Day SpaceGeneral,

? Have you disabled the Anti-Virus in your ZoneAlarm ?

or what if any action have you taken ?

• Hi, I posted on 3 April 2009 with no reply. Please look into this and assist me as it's not very amusing begging for assistance!

Previous post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12431

Quoted:

I'm having the same problems.

All worked fine then my BitDefender did a major update yesterday, when I restarted the profile wouldn't load, it started to load, showed the background and a few icons then just freezed.

Another thread (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12415&hl=freeze) came to the conclusion that it may be clashing with ZoneAlarm.

I have BitDefender Anti Virus 2009 and ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000.

My pc stats. are:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Pentium 4 3Ghz

2G RAM

How do i fix this?

My BitDefender is disabled at current to at least be able to use to computer. Please assist me or I'll be forced to support another antivirus company with better customer service.

SpaceGeneral - Did you fix this problem because it's EXACTLY the same problem as I'm having.

Please let me know what you did!

thanks,