Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey Bitdefender, Here's A Boatload Of Debugging Info For The "license Expired Every Night" Bug You K

Options

Hello BitDefender.

Like many others, I've had the recurring problem of expiring license keys every night for 4 days. I've debugged this problem extensively, posted factual results on two threads, and written an entire blog entry on the debugging process AND RESULTS THAT WILL CERTAINLY HELP YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM.

I am frustrated that my efforts continue to be ignored, when I've proved the problem is scanning advertised to be finished, but is not, updates fail, and registration revoked with the very common DECEMBER 31, 1969 bug! (Do you even know what this is?)

Please find much info and screen shots here on your forum /index.php?/topic/12843-bitdefender-anitvirus-2009-keeps-shutting-down/" rel="">Debugging license key expiration problem

All my debugging and conclusions are found on my blog here:

Let’s Debug It: My Internet Security Software HATES me, TOLERATES me, REVILES me. Evil BitDefender

I/we had hoped you would at least acknowledged the problem exists, and that we have been trying to do your debugging for you. You've ignored 5 tickets I submitted with increasingly concise information, dumped me off a live chat, and kept me on hold for 25 minutes on my nickel.

Regards

Lisa

Comments

• Hello BitDefender.

Like many others, I've had the recurring problem of expiring license keys every night for 4 days. I've debugged this problem extensively, posted factual results on two threads, and written an entire blog entry on the debugging process AND RESULTS THAT WILL CERTAINLY HELP YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM.

I am frustrated that my efforts continue to be ignored, when I've proved the problem is scanning advertised to be finished, but is not, updates fail, and registration revoked with the very common DECEMBER 31, 1969 bug! (Do you even know what this is?)

Please find much info and screen shots here on your forum /index.php?/topic/12843-bitdefender-anitvirus-2009-keeps-shutting-down/" rel="">Debugging license key expiration problem

All my debugging and conclusions are found on my blog here:

Let’s Debug It: My Internet Security Software HATES me, TOLERATES me, REVILES me. Evil BitDefender

I/we had hoped you would at least acknowledged the problem exists, and that we have been trying to do your debugging for you. You've ignored 5 tickets I submitted with increasingly concise information, dumped me off a live chat, and kept me on hold for 25 minutes on my nickel.

Regards

Lisa

I am having the same issue and it is very annoying. No surprise that support is ignoring me too. Bitdefender support = dead.

• asimone
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I am having the same issue and it is very annoying. No surprise that support is ignoring me too. Bitdefender support = dead.

Same here. I guess we purchased the "fountain of youth option". I am now 11 years old. Excuse me I left my Phonics book in the

kitchen.

• al71z
    Options

BitDefender is quick to misadvertise their 24/7 customer service availability on their product package. However, it appears that they do not even have customer service. I purchased the 2009 Internet Security last week from a retailer and have been having a problem with it since day one. I sent two technical support requests to the company several days agao, as instructed on their website but I am yet to receive a response. My last option is to return the product to the retailer and buy a competitor's product.

• BitDefender is quick to misadvertise their 24/7 customer service availability on their product package. However, it appears that they do not even have customer service. I purchased the 2009 Internet Security last week from a retailer and have been having a problem with it since day one. I sent two technical support requests to the company several days agao, as instructed on their website but I am yet to receive a response. My last option is to return the product to the retailer and buy a competitor's product.

Well when they do respond it may not be any help . I am on try 4 and they either do not have anyone that understands english or they have a program that sends the same answer back no matter what the question . On a scale of 1 to 10 they are a zero . very frustrating

• BitDefender

I have posted additional debugging information, more proof of the sequence of events, over at the original thread.

/index.php?/topic/12843-bitdefender-anitvirus-2009-keeps-shutting-down/&page=2#comment-54917" rel="">More debugging info for you

• Update - I wrote an email directly to Diana Bele this morning, and copied many of you on it. She gave an actual response: Of course it is the same nearly useless response that she posted several days ago, but perhaps continued emails to her with daily progress will escalate this issue.

From Diana Bele:

Hello,

There's been an update released today concerning this issue - please test if after performing an update and restarting the PC this issue reoccurs.

To which I responded to her:

Clearly, I will have to do this and wait until tomorrow morning to see because the failure only happens with scheduled scans at night.

Would you tell me why this issue has been repeatedly ignored after all the work I have done to help you?

• So I got a reply via email from BD.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

We wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused by this situation. This

issue was caused by a recent update that was released for the registration

wizard, but we have released a new update that targets this specific situation

- your license key was still valid, there was simply a display issue in the

product that incorrectly showed the registration to have expired.

Please right click on the BitDefender icon and select "Update Now" then

restart the PC. Now check in order to see if the expired error message in the

dashboard is still present.

Also, in order to compensate for this negative experience we would like to

present you with this 2 year license key for BitDefender -

(key removed) - that you can use free of charge.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

...and my reply

Hello

Yes, I see the change that you made. HOWEVER, you just covered up one of the bugs without fixing it.

Instead of expiring, now the automatic updates just FAIL with no indication that there is a problem. At least BEFORE, we were made aware of the problem and knew to reboot. NOW, it seems no longer necessary, but we are still unprotected from new virus signatures and engine downloads - this has ALWAYS happened after a scan, and this HAS NOT CHANGED.

I can't help but thinking that you just addressed the SYMPTOM and not the PROBLEM.

I appreciate your extension of another year, but I don't see how I can use it if your product still doesn't work correctly.

Regards

Lisa Simone